I get an 'error during DM session' when trying to update system software
xoxcatpl

This occurs on my Sony Xperia Z2 tablet(Sgp561) running Kitkat 4.4.2.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I get an 'error during DM session' when trying to update system software
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
xoxcatpl,

I know this would concern me just the same and we'd be happy to help figure out what is going on here. Does this only occur when attempting to update your device? Taking a look the device should still be on 4.4.2. Are you receiving a prompt to update the device? If you place the device in Safe Mode and see if the issues persist http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-110920/.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
xoxcatpl

Yes, I only get this error when doing the software update.  It also occurs in safe mode.  I have not gotten an update prompt.  I just received the tablet and was checking to see if any updates were available.The device is on Kitkat 4.4.2. The build number os 17.1.D.1.136. This is the second SGP561 I have had and they both got this DM session error when doing the software update.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thanks for the additional info, xoxcatpl!

I just need a little more info. Have you made any personal alterations to the device software? When did you get this 2nd tablet?

MichelleH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
xoxcatpl

I purchased this Z2 on Ebay & got it a week ago. As far as I can tell, it has no mods applied, no custom ROM, or such. The software version is SGP561_1278-4455_17.1.D.136_1291-7765_R1A_user

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thanks for the additional info, xoxcatpl!  Let's check a little more info. Please go to Settings>About Tablet, and share your Build number with us.

MichelleH_VZW
0 Likes
xoxcatpl

Once again, the build number is 17.1.D.1.136

0 Likes
krlos5411

Same issue here with an xperia z3v. No alterations of any kind. One month with me and purchase brand new. Build Number 23.0.E.1.44

Nobody in other forums know about this issue.

Hopefully, the original seller will.

Waiting for the solution........................

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thank you so much for the information xoxcatpl and I apologize for the oversight. Has there been any resets completed on the tablet since you purchased it such as a master reset?

CandiceH_VZW
0 Likes
xoxcatpl

No resets.  And except for being unable to do the software update, the tablet is working well. I should add that it doesn't have a sim chip.  I am using it as wifi only.

0 Likes