Purple Screen problem, how to fix?
NoAC1_0

Have gotten two replacement phone the last few days and all have had a purple screen where it should be black, very annoying.

Gets worse as you increase the display brightness, all display settings are in default setting, my wife's white body Z3v has perfect black colors where these other phones, black bodies, have purple colors, driving me crazy, not acceptable.

I can take pictures to show examples, very different between my wife's phone and the last replacement.

I want "black" where black should be, not purple.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Purple Screen problem, how to fix?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NoAC1.0 - We want everything on your device to be as it should. I welcome the opportunity to address your inquiry. I just need a few details first. Is the purple screen appearing as part of the screensaver or something else? Also is your Z3v running the new Lollipop OS or the older Kitkat software version? Let us know. We're here to help.

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
NoAC1_0

Purple screen is in all parts, the color black is purple, not black. This Z3v was running Kitkat and is now on the Lollipop version, purple was present in both OSes.

Wife has a White Z3v and when placed next to her's it is very apparent that there is something wrong, her's will display black as black, my Z3v is purple, in the same areas, all settings in both phones are default settings, only differences is that one displays the color black is black and the other purple.

This is the second replacement phone, I am not happy with it, I would like to have a phone that when the color black is displayed it is black, say if you go to pictures and have taken a photo of the night sky it is purple on the phone but put on a laptop the picture is black as it should be, even the outline when in the Gallery or Photo viewing application is purple. It is a dark purple but it is a far shade from black.

My original phone would display black colors as black but the USB door broke and I had to send in for replacement, none since have equaled the original phones color scale, Sony has a wonderful reputation for being able to display colors accurately, in rich vibrant colors, the IPS of Sony's is noted for being very close to the 6500k standard.

I don't know if Verizon has seconds of the Sony Z3v that didn't make the color grade and are sending them out as refurbished phones, my wife had the same problem with the USB door and her replacement is able to display black as black. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for the additional details, NoAC1.0. We definitely want to keep working together to make sure you have a good working phone. All of our phones go through a thorough inspection before being sent out.  How long has the screen been showing purple? Did you notice this after installing apps into the phone? Have you tested the phone in Safe Mode at all, http://vz.to/1KlYErA?

DanielleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
NoAC1_0

Sorry for the delay, had personal business to take care of.

It has been showing purple since the first day I turned it on to activate it, no apps were installed at the time it was a fresh boot from FDR (factory data reset) as sent from Verizon. Yes safe mode does the same thing, it is not an app causing the problem.

I did notice today that the screen goes from a dull state to a brighter state even though I have it manual controlled brightness on, the auto brightness feature is not checked for usage, it as if the screen is having problems back-lighting properly, this may be something test may have missed.

My wife looked at it last nigh compared to her's, her comment was 'it looks dingy as if it is dirty under the glass.'

I guess I will have to contact *611 again and see if I can get another phone, this is not acceptable.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional details, NoAC1.0. We definitely want to make sure this is taken care of so you are with a good working phone. I have sent you a personal message so we can best assist.

DanielleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes