Several Sony Z3v issues including SMS texting, MMS texting, SD card dropping and wireless charging
Grymwish

Greetings.  I'm having several issues with my Sony Z3v

1.  Regular text messages seem to work fine most of the time.  Occasionally a I won't receive a SMS or MMS text message for many hours after it was sent. I've tested this with several phones on Verizon and AT&T.

2.  MMS messages including photos take a very long time to load in the messaging app.  Even going back to conversations that have already downloaded the photo takes a long time (a minute or two) to appear in the conversation.     These same photos appear immediately on relatives phones on both Verizon and AT&T.

3.  About half the time, when attempting to attach a photo to a message, it will go to the gallery, show the photos and flash No Media Found.  It will then see the media and scan the existing media in the device.    I've tested the SD card in other devices.   Some time it opens the gallery fine, but about half the time, it give me the no media found error, scans the sd then after the scan it will load the gallery.      This has also happened when viewing photos on the phone.

4.  Wireless charging question.  When placed on the wireless charger, sometimes the phone will constantly beep make noise.  Other times, it charges quietly.    I have it sitting in the same position every time, yet sometimes it charges quietly, then others it makes the  connection / disconnection sound repeatedly.  It also gets hot, and will sometimes shutdown services due to heat while charging.   I don't have this problem charging via USB.

This phone was purchased new in November.

Please advise & Thanks for your time.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Several Sony Z3v issues including SMS texting, MMS texting, SD card dropping and wireless charging
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Grymwish!

Thanks for the report so we can assist you.

1.  It is not unusual once in awhile for an SMS or MMS to not go through quickly. There can be many factors, such as are you on a WiFi network, is it during a very high traffic time period in the place you are sending that particular message; many factors that would have to be pinpointed.

2.  Which messaging app are you using that the MMS/picture messages are taking a very long time to load into? If it is a third party app, delete the app and redownload. If it is a stock app, ensure that you have deleted pictures from the device and save them to your computer. 

3.  Regarding going into the Gallery to choose a photo to send in an MMS, is the lag in time a second or two or minutes until the you can see the photos in the gallery? Your SD card may be corrupted. You can try a new SD card as you wrote the SD card is doing the same thing in other devices.

4.  Regarding wireless charging, many phones beep when charging or if the connection is loose from the main wall when you plug the socket in. Is your phone fully charging from a wall charger and are you using the charger that came with your phone?  It is not unusual for a device or for the head of the charger to get warm when charging. If it becomes so hot as it becomes unmanageable, or if you smell smoke or any parts are melting, we do not want you to get hurt, so please do not manage the device. Any device that becomes unusually hot needs to be looked at immediately in person at a Verizon Wireless Corporate Store: www.verizonwireless.com/stores.

Thank you for posting and I hope this information alleviates some of your concerns.

LauraD_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Several Sony Z3v issues including SMS texting, MMS texting, SD card dropping and wireless charging
Grymwish

Hi Laura,

Thanks for your message.   In response..

1.  I can understand occasionally with text messages, but every mms message takes 3-5 minutes to download once the messaging app says there is a message.

2.  I'm using the default messaging app that came on the phone.

3.  You misread. TIt's not the SD card.    The SD card works fine in other devices and this device functions the same with another sd card.  It sometimes drops the sd card, and says no sd card found, then it will find it and rescan it to make it available.

4.  It seems to be random.  Some times the phone will wirelessly charge fine.  Others it beeps constantly.  Occasionally it will overheat and a message on the phone says it has gotten too hot.  This is all with the same wireless charging pad I purchased at verizon.   None of this happens when charging via usb.

Thanks again for your assistance.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Grymwish-

Let's get your phone back to normal.  The less you have to worry about the better.  When did these issues begin?  Have there been any recent changes to your phone?  Are you connected to Wi-Fi or our network when downloading these mms messages?

EmmaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Grymwish

Hello Emma,

THe mms issue has been been increasing with frequency, and now it happens with every mms message that come in.   I'm connected primarily to your network, but it also happens when connected to wifi.    There have been no recent changes to the phone.

THanks for your help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GrymWish, these issues would frustrate. Let's do all we can to help get your phone working smoothly. To confirm, have you tried running your phone in Safe Mode to see if you these issues can be recreated.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-123606/

Let us know if SMS and MMS delivers faster, and if there are reduced SD card issues

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ndratz91
Enthusiast - Level 3

The problem with the messaging is the Verizon messaging app. They never tell you that in these forums because it's there own software. If the messaging app is red it's Verizons. Go into settings, application manager, swipe over to all, then go down to message+ and disable it. Then open the messaging app with the smiley face and set it to default, it should ask you when you open it, that is the Sony app and works much better. I've never had a problem with my SD card and as for the wireless charging, my phone dies that every once in awhile, I'm not sure if it's the charger or the phone. I have the Nokia wireless charger, which one do you have?

0 Likes