Sony Xperia 5 ii text messages not working
DAVEVerizonWire3
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi, I have a Sony Xperia 5 ii that I like to use for from time to time by swapping out the SIM card. Everything works on the Sony device except for text messages. Is there a way to fix the text messaging issue on my end or do I need to contact Verizon support directly? Thanks.  

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Sony Xperia 5 ii text messages not working
hidalgod75

I am having the same issue. Changed SIM card and everything. What is the fix?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that you are able to access your text messages. With regard to your issue does this occur with the standard text messaging application or with a third party application? 

0 Likes
Gentmark012

Did you ever find the fix for this problem?

0 Likes
Gentmark012

Same problem.

0 Likes
Gentmark012

Here is the solution to this problem.

There's been a couple people that imported the phone to use with Verizon, and had the issue where data and calls would work, and you could send texts, but you couldn't receive texts. To fix this, you'd need to call Verizon and have them activate the CDMA-less feature on your line (if it hadn't already been activated from a previous device you had). But, they couldn't do it because the phone isn't in their database until it releases in the US on December 4th.

I had the exact same problem, but one of the service reps at Verizon was actually able to solve it for me. He said he's seen it before, and what he did was search on the forums for a random device ID/IMEI from a phone that's officially in Verizon's database as CDMA-less, then put that IMEI onto my line so the network sees it as the other phone, and then that allowed him to activate the CDMA-less feature.

My phone works perfectly now! I can receive texts and everything. So my advice to anyone else in the same situation would be to call Verizon service, and try to get someone knowledgeable on the phone, and have them try that method. It should work for you.

0 Likes