Sony Xperia Z3v won't turn on...help!
sbh33

I bought the Sony Xperia Z3v in June, and from day one, it has had issues.  It freezes while using the gps, it turns off in the middle of a game, and once or twice has not even turned on.  Through calling verizon, we were told to push a reset button, which usually works.  This time, however, it is not working.  The phone won't turn on at all.  While holding the reset button in and pressing the power button at the same time, the phone vibrates like it wants to turn on, but it doesn't.  It also won't charge all the way.  I've had it plugged in for most of the day today, and it still has the red light blinking like it's charging.  Like I said from day one it had issues, but unfortunately last week it fell off the table, and the clear plastic cover on the back has a crack.  Sooo, that gives Verizon the green light to say they don't have to honor the warranty.  We've been Verizon customers since we got our very first cell phone, so we're very disappointed in their customer service and with the quality of this phone.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate hearing them.  Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Sony Xperia Z3v won't turn on...help!
Stylerod
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is there a chance it really isn't charging? Maybe you can replace the USB cable and try again.

0 Likes
sbh33

Thanks, yes, we tried 3 different cables.  I think it's completely dead.  😞

To: [Removal of personal information required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

Sent: Friday, December 11, 2015 10:36 PM

Subject:  - Sony Xperia Z3v won't turn on...help!

#yiv8507969933 img

|

|

|

A message from the Verizon Wireless Community

|

|  |

Sony Xperia Z3v won't turn on...help!

created by Stylerod in Xperia by Sony Ericsson - View the full discussionIs there a chance it really isn't charging? Maybe you can replace the USB cable and try again. Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Wireless Community Start a new discussion in Xperia by Sony Ericsson by email or at Verizon Wireless Community

|

|

© 2014 Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless

One Verizon Way

Mail Code: 180WVB

Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences by visiting https://community.verizonwireless.com/user-preferences!input.jspa.

|

We respect your privacy. Please review our privacy policy for more information

about click activity with Verizon Wireless and links included in this email.

|

|

|

0 Likes
KeyWestReactor
Contributor - Level 1

Definitely sounds like it's defective, I've never seen any of the issues you describe with my phone.  But if it's gone out of its warranty period, you'll probably get no "free" fix at this point, even if there were no crack in the back.   I suggest taking it to a Cell Phone Repair to be checked out.  You might spend a bit just to find out it's not repairable, but you also may get a correction to a simple problem at a reasonable price (far below replacement cost).  Sure, that's a gamble, but I don't believe you're going to find a better option other than buying a new phone....

0 Likes
sbh33

Thanks...Santa brought me a galaxy S4.  I like it a lot better!  Merry Christmas!

[removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service].

0 Likes