Sony Xperia Z5?
cutti05
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is there any way to find out if Verizon will be offering the new Sony Xperia Z5, any time soon?  I am very interested in this device, and do not want to miss out by prematurely upgrading to a different phone.  Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Sony Xperia Z5?
Snn5
Legend

You'll just have to stay tuned to Sony and Android blogs as well as here:  Smartphones – Tablets – Apps    to keep up to date with info.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting a new phone is exciting cutti05! Sony has come out with some pretty cool phones. Although we don't currently have a release date for the phone, you can get email alerts to keep you up to date. Click here to sign up: http://vz.to/1r9PSCb.

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DissatisfiedCustomer9
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dear NicoleB,

Assuming you're not a bot, could you deliver this message to your supervisor:

Leaving such replies to your customers is very offensive to us.

You provide no information at all, let alone proper consolation.

I understand that as a company you can't bring all the phones that are requested.

But those replies demonstrate that you do not care at all about customer satisfaction.

At the end of the day, you give the impression that Verizon only cares about what is in our wallets.

That's not the proper way to do business.

Please don't leave stupid ass replies like that.

You saying nothing would be better.

Thanks.

cutti05
Enthusiast - Level 1

This doesn't really answer if Verizon will be getting the phone or not.  Does Verizon have plans to offer the phone or not? 

0 Likes
CountIsa23

Iv been doing a lot of research on this topic.. and it looks like that Verizon will not get the z5 but may be more apt to get the z6 that is being announced next year around march. The Z5 has already been launched and is beng sold un the uk market atm. Tho you can buy one for the price of 699 it is only being sold in the GSM Band... Soo its not compatible with vzw network that runs WCDMA. The Z3+ is coming to the us markets but under the same gsm band, and that phone was slated to be the z4v. But sony in their infinite wisdom and bad marketing deiced to bring out the z5 only a couple of months after the z4 launch. It may be a while before Vzw gets their hand on another sony phone. The last artical i read said Vzw didint have any comment on wether or not they where getting the z6 and t-mobile said they had no plans to carry any more sony phones. Soo i looks like if you want any sony phones you may need to switch to att or sprint

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Verizon doesn't run WCDMA. They run CDMA. WCDMA by another name is UMTS which is a GSM evolution.

Verizon/Sprint = CDMA, EVDO.A or 0

AT&T/T-Mobile = GSM, UMTS/HSPA(WCDMA)

See iPhone 6S specs as examples of how its broken down.