Sony Xperia z3v update ? Msg problems.
Mkellyart
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can't see when messages arrive. The notification comes up and disappears instantly. If I'm busy or out of the room i miss it. Messages are going unnoticed. No apps will send out messages either...except the Messenger + and it is the one that does not notify me.

I want to rollback. This is ridiculous.  Will you fix this soon ? Can I go back?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Sony Xperia z3v update ? Msg problems.
Moviemaniac1982
Enthusiast - Level 3

Factory Reset fixed all the problems... There was even a option to restore all my apps.. which I said yes and forgot that I wasn't on WiFi and Blew up my Data for the month.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
chocoholic

I'm having the same problem!  Wish I wouldn't have updated!!

0 Likes
bez2314

I'm having the same issue as well. Previously, prior to updating, when I received a message or an email, I my phone would ring, the led would flash (a different color depending on what it was), and a icon would appear at the top of my screen. Now it simply rings and that is it. If I don't see it in time, then I have to go in and search whether it was an email, text message, or another type of notification.

I have even gone in to my settings to ensure my LED alert and other notifications were turned on. Very frustrating to say the least.

0 Likes
Mkellyart
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I also do not get the LED notifications either! I really regret updating. I hope this gets fixed soon!!!

0 Likes
hshrews
Enthusiast - Level 2

Having the same problem - receiving messages in Message+ but not being notified by the system. I've used Message+ on KitKat as long as I've had my Xperia, but this issue came about from the Lollipop update. I tried switching to the Messaging app (the only other one I have installed on my phone), but none of the SMS messages that I've received since the update were visible. Sending messages still seems to work the same as before.

Looking for a fix in Message+, or suggestions on another app that is receiving/sending SMS and able to notify me of a new message.

This issue seems to related

0 Likes
mmc66
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue as everyone else, message only appears for a second on the screen then disappears and also marks them as read, so I don't know there is any new messages unless I go into the messaging+ app and look.... not sure what's going on, but a factory reset is not an option for me Smiley Sad 

0 Likes
Moviemaniac1982
Enthusiast - Level 3

The only workaround I have found was opening Message + at the top on the left side, go to settings. Scroll down to Enable Popup and Enable popup over lock screen. It will then show you who has sent a message. But it will not show at the top notification Bar like it used to. You can also play with Repeat reminder option if you keep missing the messages.

Thank you

Dana S.

0 Likes
Moviemaniac1982
Enthusiast - Level 3

Another option that might work. Settings < Sound & Notifications < App Notifications < Find your Messenger < Set to Priority. See if that will work. I have mine set but haven't received a text yet.

Thank you

Dana S.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure your device is functioning properly and you stay connected. Are you able to try factory resetting the device?

KleoL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Moviemaniac1982
Enthusiast - Level 3

Factory Reset fixed all the problems... There was even a option to restore all my apps.. which I said yes and forgot that I wasn't on WiFi and Blew up my Data for the month.

0 Likes