Verizon confirm z5 premium or cancel my service.
Boettius

I'm tired of the [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] and the guessing games. I'm not asking for a release date but I want an official word that you will be carrying a z5 premium in the future or I will cancel my service. These phones work on other carriers in the US, AT&T, t-mobile, [removed] even cricket, but the mighty conglomerate Verizon won't even announce plans to have it in the future.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon confirm z5 premium or cancel my service.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Boettius,

We know this phone is important for you to have and we want you to have it. I know when my mind is set on something I need to have it. However, we do not have any information on if we are to carry that phone model. As the leading service provider I am sure we will have more information regarding our newer phones in the upcoming months. Our website will provide you with the most upto date information and release dates of our new devices. If you have any addtional concerns feel free to message us we are here to help.
JasperMM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Boettius

OK, then cancel my service. Having the best coverage is meaningless if it's on garbage devices. I have a galaxy note edge and it's been replaced 7 times due to hardware issues. I would exchange it straight up for any phoneeven the z3v even though Verizon ruined that with the poor programming they do on every phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We don;'t want to lose you as a valued customer, Boettius. I know you want that phone and it is essential to your commitment to us. Due to certain restrictions and legal obligations we are unable to provide information regarding the release of any product from a manufacturer on our network. We regret that you have made the choice to leave due to this obligation that we have with sony, but if you are wanting to discontinue service please contact our customer service department at (800)922-0204. Please let us know if we can be of any addtional assistance we are here to help.
JasperMM_VZW
VZWllow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

How do you know Sony wasn't the people who decided not to make a compatible with the Verizon Wireless network? The carriers you listed are GSM networks and are not the same kind of network that Verizon Wireless operates.

You can't cancel your account online. You have to call customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from a landline or *611 from your phone and cancel that way. Tell other option is to visit a store and cancel in person.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Boettius

I understand that they are GSM networks and not CDMA, this isn't my first cell phone, I asked for confirmation from Verizon that they will have it or I'll go elsewhere because I can buy a model to work on those networks. What was the point of your post to reiterate what Verizon already told me? If you have nothing useful to contribute go troll somebody else's posts.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless or any other carrier is never going to confirm that a device is coming to their network until they are about to start selling it. They announce it in a press release usually a day or two before customers can purchase it. The only time they announce sooner is for major launches like the iPhone. A Sony device isn't a major phone until Sony makes it into one. So you can stop holding your breath and speak with by taking your money elsewhere or you stay and continue to hope. Either way it is your choice.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Boettius

Well that's clearly not true. Verizon confirmed the z4 and never even sold

it. Clearly your just an ignorant apple fanboy which confirms nothing you

say is relevant. I'll be sure when I cancel tomorrow I'll include that you

helped push to make my decision Smiley Happy happy trolling.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There was a later press release cancelling the Z4. I'm most definitely not "fanboy" of the fruit phone. I have used an android phone since the DROID Eris and I would use a Windows phone then a fruit phone if I couldn't use a close to stock Android device.  This is a peer to peer public forum. As a customer myself I can choose to reply to whichever posts I want.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Sony doesn't make CDMA phones unless a contract is made. There is no contract and the Z4 was canceled. You are not missing much with a Z5P. Sony is terrible at phone releases anyway especially in the US market. I have owned every Xperia Z phone that has come to the US. I had to import a couple of them due to th not being in the US for months(Z Ultra was 8 months roughly after release in Europe).  I just imported to Z5P and Z5C and can honestly it wasn't worth the money.

0 Likes