Was the Sony Xperia z4v canceled?
jrosen9
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have been waiting for the Xperia z4v to be released for awhile now.  First for the 8/13 date then the 9/3 date yet still nothing has been announced.  While the Sony website (http://xperiaz4v.com/#/) is still active, the Verizon version appears to have vanished (http://www.verizonwireless.com/smartphones/sony-xperia-z4v/).  So has this phone been canceled?

Thanks

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Was the Sony Xperia z4v canceled?
svrs
Enthusiast - Level 1

Officially canceled:

Experience the Freedom to Play with Sony’s Xperia® Z4v Smartphone Coming to the United States Exclus...

"

Update 10/5:

Verizon will no longer be launching Xperia Z4v, however we are committed to supporting Sony Mobile’s product portfolio and will support existing products. Sony is a strategic partner as we continue having ongoing discussions together as part of our future portfolio.

"

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Awell
Enthusiast - Level 2

To get this post more attention and hopefully find out what is going on I would also love to find out any info on the release of the Sony Xperia Z4v. There has been little to almost no word about this phone since it was announced...

zachariahpope
Enthusiast - Level 3

The website works for me, but I too would like to know... When is this phone coming?

cjb5
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would also love to know--I was hoping to upgrade to one of the Sony phones before too long and was hoping the Z4V would launch by now.  If the Z4V is canned in favor of the Z5 or the whole Sony line dropped, that's fine--I just don't want to waste time waiting for a phone that won't come.

jrosen9
Enthusiast - Level 3
"The website works for me, but I too would like to know... When is this phone coming?"

Whenever I click the verizon link I get a "Page is not currently available."  I remember it used to show an ad page with all the phone features

EDIT:  Just noticed the website still shows on mobile ... just not on my desktop ... Doesn't change the fact that I would still like to know if when this phone is coming.

KeyWestReactor
Contributor - Level 1

Ditto for me.  I have been waiting over a year for Verizon to provide a decent WATERPROOF smartphone, and the z4v is definitely it.  My old phone is getting shakier and shakier.  If the z4v doesn't come out soon, there's a very good chance I'll jump ship for another service with a phone that meets my requirements.   Verizon ALWAYS seems to take FOREVER to get an up-to-date phone out.....

steggyD
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please answer the question, VZW. My phone is losing text messages and phone calls, which is affecting my job. I need to upgrade, and wanted this phone. I like to fish, so the waterproof is perfect, and I'm just not a fan of Samsungs. But my hands are tied, I might have to get a phone I don't really care about. I want this phone!

sephiroth_4
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon will make it worth the wait.  Just like z3v voice and data at the same time that didn't happen yet Smiley Sad  Come on Verizon and Sony, get it together!  Samsung and iPhone launches go without a hitch with big bonuses too!  WHAT'S THE DEAL?  Z5 has been announced so has z4v been scrapped?

zachariahpope
Enthusiast - Level 3

So what's the answer Verizon?

TheSheep88
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, Please give us another Xperia!!