Re: Was the Sony Xperia z4v canceled?
XperiaFan88
Enthusiast - Level 2

Actually I saw a video over on Total Tech a youtube channel,  this guy already posted the Unboxing video of it last night, but today it was removed.  I asked him what the deal was he said verizon has put all reviewers under embargo and asked all videos removed.

The launch date was suppose to be September 3rd but verizon may be cancelling the device to make way for a caterpillar smartphone.

The models manufacturered already for Verizon would be available by order for business accounts etc.

I sure hope this isn't true. If it is I'm getting a Z5 and moving to att or tmobile.

XperiaFan88
Enthusiast - Level 2

For those wanting to see that video

https://youtu.be/yjAC1ATV3mo

KeyWestReactor
Contributor - Level 1

It appears that the page is back:
Sony Xperia Z4v | Verizon Wireless

Awell
Enthusiast - Level 2

Bump for post, also where did you see the information for it being replaced by.... A caterpillar phone?.... That would be so silly. Removing a great company's flagship phone for a phone probably equal to a Brigadier.... A cheap low end phone. Verizon should see that a lot of people are unhappy about this. No its not as many as say Samsung or apple but we should have a choice of phones not just be forced to choose between those two. The sony Xperia Z4v was looking like it would be one of, if not the best, phones Verizon carries... If they scrap it, that would be a mistake.

0 Likes
jrosen9
Enthusiast - Level 3

XperiaFan88 wrote:

For those wanting to see that video

https://youtu.be/yjAC1ATV3mo

Interesting ... That video says corporate locations have Z4V units to demo.  Maybe I'll make a run to a corporate store this weekend and see if a person can tell me whats up.

Awell
Enthusiast - Level 2

Having my girlfriend head there now to check it out lol. Will post update when/if she sees it

KeyWestReactor
Contributor - Level 1

The "Store Finder" tells me there's no "corporate" stores within 75 miles, there ARE two big dealerships with the big Verizon signs on them nearby.  Both say they don't have any Sony z4v stuff.....  Smiley Sad

Awell
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah those would be indirect locations and they wouldn't. They buy their stock from Verizon and sell it. So they only carry the devices that would make them money without a doubt.

jrosen9
Enthusiast - Level 3

Awell wrote:

Having my girlfriend head there now to check it out lol. Will post update when/if she sees it

Looking forward to hearing the result

Awell
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update: so she talked to the reps in store when she got there about it. They said they had it displayed but were told to pull it. So it was there but not displayed. She talked to then about it and they had no definite answer as to what is happening to the device. So pretty much everyone is out of the loop on what is going on. I wouldn't say hope is lost though, I mean the devices have already been made and sent out to stores so they are somewhere but no word on release or why they are being held up.