Re: Was the Sony Xperia z4v canceled?
KeyWestReactor
Contributor - Level 1

For a year and half now I've been waiting for EXACTLY this phone (waterproof, front stereo speakers, fairly thin) and they end up yanking it almost on the day I could have bought it.  SON OF A...uh...GUN!

My old Galaxy Nexus (anybody remember 4 years ago when THAT was the benchmark smart phone?) is getting mighty long in the tooth.  Several times a day things get hung up (most likely due to Android version updates being stopped over a year ago).  But I struggle through, hoping that THIS week the z4v will FINALLY make it out the door.

But nooooooo.....  They hold it out in my face, then yank it away.  Siiiiiiigh........

jrosen9
Enthusiast - Level 3

I feel your pain ... My Galaxy S4 has a shattered screen and a charging port that has to have the cable in JUST right to get a charge.  I was about to buy the Z3V back in July but then they announced the z4v and I decided I could wait.  Now I just want to know if I'm waiting in vain.

RCB929
Enthusiast - Level 2

Put a call to my guy at VW but he's on vacationSmiley Sad Hope I will hear back on Tuesday!

RCB929
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just stopped in to a corporate store in New York City the salesman told me they were trained on the phone last week

Awell
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well that is promising.. I mean the phone is obviously around the stores and ready to go... Must be something with the devices that they are having to look into... Possibly unlocked bootloader is the rumor.

steve_zeiner
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got off the phone with customer service. It has been pushed back again. Until...they won't say.

The irony is that you can preorder a z5 at some store in London today but you have

to wait for a Z4v from Verizon.

TheSheep88
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is hardly official confirmation, so take out with a grain of salt. http://www.mybigfatgayagenda.com/post/128358972901/motorola-and-sony-updates

Tl;dr z3v is getting updated to 5.0 or 5.1 in October, z4v comes out then as well, z5 coming a couple months after that. Apparently, there will be a trade up special for z4v owners to upgrade to the z5

KeyWestReactor
Contributor - Level 1

Hope that guy's rep knows what he's talking about.  I can live with my old box for a few more weeks, but I curse it almost every day......

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
zachariahpope- I know how exciting new device releases can be. We have no news just yet on the release date of the z4v, but you can stay up to date with the latest and greatest here: http://www.verizonwireless.com/devices

NicholeK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KeyWestReactor
Contributor - Level 1

That goes without saying, really.

But it sure would be so much nicer if someone "official" would just say "It has not been cancelled"....