hold out with my z3v until then.

Re: Was the Sony Xperia z4v canceled?
TheSheep88
Enthusiast - Level 3

Did he give you a date?

Laytonoid
Contributor - Level 1

Yeah. Did he give you a date? It could be next summer for Z5V for all we know or are they actually getting it in October? You have a date in October that they said?

Thorns
Enthusiast - Level 2

Something just doesn't make sense. If these phones are all already made and the cases also already made, even if it is not a top of the line device anymore. It would make way more sense to sell the phones that are already made along with the cases instead of just scraping the whole thing. If this was to be completely scraped they would loses the price of making the phones and the cases, as compared to maybe not selling as many just because they are not the top of the line phones anymore. This is because they have already put the money in to produced these phones so selling some to the public would be a way better than, not selling any at all.  Simple economics.

I made an account just to post here, because I have been waiting for this phone forever. My LG g2's screen at the top half doesn't work anymore along with the 3.5 jack also not working. The waterproof aspect of this phone was really what sold me on it.

This has made me question whether to believe Verizon will even get the Z5. If this is not Sony causing it not to be released, why would Sony want to give Verizon the Z5 if the Z4v was as big of a mess as it is.

Laytonoid
Contributor - Level 1

Yeah I agree. Plus, the Z5 is GSM only not CDMA. This is why there has always been a "v" version of the Sony phones with Verizon. So even IF they scraped the z4v then that means the z5 will have to be a z5v and this would mean it would need to be built at a factory and shipped over thus delaying it beyond the normal z5's.

However, this is only IF they are skipping the z4v which I doubt because there are many reports of them already being here in boxes and stores in addition to lots of companies making cases for them. That's lots of money put into a phone that isn't coming.

I have little hope in Verizon releasing a z5v before next year if that's what they are doing. Just give me the z4v already.

jrosen9
Enthusiast - Level 3

Except its not a last gen device. If you compare the stats of the z5 and

the z4v you will notice the only real difference is a slightly better

camera on the z5. Processor and memory are the same. I also believe that

the screen on the z4v is equivalent to or better than the z5 unless you are

comparing to the z5 premium

TheSheep88
Enthusiast - Level 3

The standard z5 has a 32MP camera with super good zoom and auto focus. It has a 1080p screen. The z4v only has a 20.7 MP camera, but a 1440p screen.

0 Likes
TheSheep88
Enthusiast - Level 3

What if they're just repackaging the z4v as the z5v?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sephiroth_4,

New phones are really exciting and the anticipation can be frustrating. At Verizon, we carefully evaluate and test each and every phone model before we chose to carry or release it to our customers. We currently do not have any relaese information for the Sony z4v. You can check our current line up phones http://vz.to/1VAa0Mf on our webpage.

JenelleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Laytonoid
Contributor - Level 1

No the z5 camera is 23 megapixels not 32. So it's only 2.3mp better in that regard. It is a superior camera in other ways but I don't use my camera that much and would actually prefer the better screen on the z4v. That being said, everything else is almost identical hardware wise. I wonder if it will be released as a z5v instead and they are paying for repackaging but not a bunch of new phones. That's fine with me.