Re: Was the Sony Xperia z4v canceled?
SanRafaelDad
Enthusiast - Level 3

Jennelle,

You are right that anticipation can be frustrating, but Verizon launched this website in June and it is now September:

Experience the Freedom to Play with Sony’s Xperia® Z4v Smartphone Coming to the United States Exclus...

That is over three and half months with zero news from Verizon.  That is not frustration due to anticipation, that is frustration due to Verizon announcing something without having their act together.  If you can compensate for Verizon's lack of ability to manage its product offerings related to this phone and share information with this board, I am sure we would all appreciate it.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SanRafaelDad,

I agree, it can definitely be frustrating at the announcement of a product and it not being released. I can not say for certain what the delay is or if we will offer the z5 as another option. We are constantly making changes to our device line up. I urge you to stay up to date with the latest information via our website: http://vz.to/1hVDKEt

AlbertoR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sephiroth_4
Enthusiast - Level 3

Fuel that flame

On Sep 16, 2015 6:18 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

Willtd144
Enthusiast - Level 1

So can we get the Z5 like really?

SanRafaelDad
Enthusiast - Level 3

Jennelle is not fueling the fire, she is being honest and supportive and communicating - that is more than I can say for the rest of Verizon.  Why is it that Verizon allows such a great network to be handicapped by a division that is in charge of managing its phone offerings that is so bad?  Anyway, Jennelle said she didn't know and said maybe this, maybe that as she is speculating just like us.  I just appreciate her honesty. 

0 Likes
KeyWestReactor
Contributor - Level 1

Actually she just pasted in a standard boilerplate response that several other Verizon wonks have pasted in.  The fact that these canned answers keep showing up -- instead of a REAL answer to the question -- is what's fueling the fires of resentment here....

0 Likes
RCB929
Enthusiast - Level 2

You know summer is over tomorrow.

TheSheep88
Enthusiast - Level 3
wifiengineer
Enthusiast - Level 2

The summer is now over. Time to post a correction on the z4v announcement. It's OK if Verizon doesn't know the new estimated delivery, just say you don't know and include your intentions, e.g. "We still don't when it will be ready for release. There is a chance it could get cancelled, but we still intend to bring this to market."

See? You don't need to know. You just need to feel the responsibility to make a new announcement that will allow us to make the best decisions possible for ourselves in the current, unforeseen circumstances. Thanks!

bpolley
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is Verizon Wireless Customer support and Sale's being run by former Sprint employees?