Re: Was the Sony Xperia z4v canceled?
sephiroth_4
Enthusiast - Level 3
GigaSPX
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm glad I was able to give the tip to Xperiablog about it. But beware though, even with Lollipop... you still can't activate VoLTE despite having the option to in the menu. Verizon's network isn't permitting it. >:|

0 Likes
steggyD
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well, I gave up on the phone. I used my one upgrade to get my daughter an iPhone 6, and I'll take her 5c. Then I have two upgrades in December, and one of these Sony phones, Z4V, or Z5V better be out by then. I hate using iPhones!

0 Likes
KeyWestReactor
Contributor - Level 1

When I give up on it, it will NOT be a Verizon phone that I settle on.......

KeyWestReactor
Contributor - Level 1

The Verizon Support person who responded (at this link Re: Will Verizon offier the Sony Xperia Z5?} on a dfferent query here has ADMITTED to owning a z4v.  Indeed the person is ready to offer help to others who have one.  Where is the z4v being offered?

0 Likes
TheSheep88
Enthusiast - Level 3

http://www.sonymobile.com/us/products/phones/

Look what showed up on the product list on the Sony mobile USA page within the last couple days.. "coming soon"

TheSheep88
Enthusiast - Level 3
GigaSPX
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's quite the disappointment that the battery life can't be boasted with the Z4v. The Z3v was advertised to last over a day, but the Z4v will only last 22 hours due to the high 2k resolution that isn't utilizing the same smart software as the Z5 Premium.

I finally have Lollipop on my Z3v, and I'd rather now wait for the activation of the VoLTE and then have my contact up to get the Z5 Premium that may be due for Verizon. Hopefully that will actually be the first Sony Verizon phone with 2 day battery life and all else good stuff that's much more worth the wait.

0 Likes
RCB929
Enthusiast - Level 2

So???

Thorns
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am starting to get fed up with all of this. The Z4V was announced with a release planned for sometime this summer. Summer is now over, Verizon has still not released this phone. This is ok....IF THEY WERE TO GIVE US AN UPDATE!

By the looks of this forum quite a few people have been waiting for this phone, the phone has failed to be released in said summer now it is time for an update. All in all, do not promise a phone to be released then fail to release it on time and give 0 updates about it after failing to release said phone on time. This is just bad business.