Re: Was the Sony Xperia z4v canceled?
Laytonoid
Contributor - Level 1

Seriously Verizon I have been waiting for this phone for a while now. I am really close to scraping you guys for another carrier. Release the dang phone already.

iraweiss
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just e-mailed Sonymobile and asked them:

Will the Xperia z4v be released on Verizon or do we wait for the z5?

If it will be released do you have a release date?

Thank you

I'll let you know when and if I receive a reply.

Laytonoid
Contributor - Level 1

Awesome. Thanks for calling them. If the z4v is cancelled then I feel bad for all the case makers that have made cases for it already. Just look at Amazon. There is a number of cases for it but the phone still doesn't exist!!

KeyWestReactor
Contributor - Level 1

Yeah, and I'm sure that even Verizon themselves have cases ready and waiting for it....

0 Likes
Laytonoid
Contributor - Level 1

Seriously. You have Verizon customers here who are unhappy that Verizon said a phone was coming and now it hasn't shown up. I demand this get escalated to higher management. Someone obviously knows where the phones are. I guess Verizon doesn't care about us. You can just tell us it's broken or something and no one will care. We are all just tired of waiting around with no info on the phone.

iraweiss
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just received this reply from Sony. Here's to kicking the can down the road...

Thank you for contacting Sony Xperia™ Online Support.

We apologize for the delay in the response. Regarding your inquiry we see that you'd like to know when the Xperia Z4V will be released for Verizon, we'd like to assist you. But at the moment there is not information when this device will be available in Verizon, in this case we advise you to reach our sales department at 1-877-865-7669 or Verizon for further information about it.

If you require more information, or have any other questions, please visit www.sonymobile.com or call us at 1-866-766-9374.

Kind Regards,

Alan

Sony Xperia US Customer Services

steve_zeiner
Enthusiast - Level 2

Xperia Z4v: A Letter to Jeff Dietel VP Marketing Verizon Wireless.

Jeff, I wanted to write to you this evening regarding the release of the Sony Xperia Z4v. While I know that you are not directly involved in the issue, I hope to point out how this is impacting your responsibilities. If you will carefully read through what has been posted in these forums what you will find are Verizon customers asking for nothing more that some honest straightforward information about the status of the xperia Z4v. They are not asking for discounts or free product. They are asking for some adult to adult communication. Not the patronizing responses that have been posted by customer service from both VZW and Sony. How this impacts you is that, VZW is spending untold amounts of money for both advertising and financial inducements to lure customers away from other carriers, While your own customers are asking for an explanation so that they can remain VZW customers. Customers with cracked screens, obsolete technology and barely operable phones who are eager to make a purchase and remain Verizon customers. Please give us a reason, a cogent explanation as to why and when the phone will be released. That is all that is required to keep myself and others out of your competitors showrooms. Respond via this forum or (silly me) you have my phone number and email

Laytonoid
Contributor - Level 1

Great message. I hope they read it. THIS IS RIDICULOUS VERIZON! It clearly says on your website that this phone is coming "this summer" and yet where is it?! Come on Verizon. I don't know if I will be using you when my contract runs out because this is silly. I can't even get a phone that I want that was actually announced by you. Here is where it says it is coming "this summer".

http://www.verizonwireless.com/news/article/2015/06/experience-the-freedom-to-play-with-sonys-xperia...

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KeyWestReactor,
Oh no, we definitely want you to be nothing but happy with your current device. What seems to be the issue you are running into with the current device, happy to help as much as possible. Please explain any specifics.

ChrisM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jrosen9
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

KeyWestReactor,
Oh no, we definitely want you to be nothing but happy with your current device. What seems to be the issue you are running into with the current device, happy to help as much as possible. Please explain any specifics.

ChrisM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

This response makes me feel like you aren't even reading the thread but I'll bite.  My Galaxy S4 has a severely cracked screen, the battery lasts about 6 hours, and unless the charger is placed just right, the phone doesn't charge even though it says it is.  I understand I need a new phone and the Z4V was the phone I decided on.  First there was a date listed as August 13 and I decided I could survive on my dying S4 that long.  August 13 came and went and they said September 3rd and I said ok its a little bit longer but I can wait.  Then September 3rd came and went and there was nothing said. 

All I and I think many others are looking to find out is whether or not this phone is still coming out or if it was scrapped completely.  Asking what is wrong with our current device does not help answer this at all and is completely irrelevant to the conversation at hand.  In short our devices are old and need to be replaced and this is the phone we want.