When will Verizon Get the Sony Xperia z5?
Rob98058
Enthusiast - Level 1

Any release dates yet?

Labels (1)
Re: When will Verizon Get the Sony Xperia z5?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey Rob98058,

Thanks for your interest in this device! We currently don't have a date for you, but you can stay on top of all the news by visiting news.vzw.com

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
audiophizile
Enthusiast - Level 3

A lot of people are hoping for this phone to come to vz. Thanks for useless link to the news site never has anything useful on it...

KeyWestReactor
Contributor - Level 1

Don't cont on EVER getting any worthwhile information from Verizon regarding Xperia phones. Just look through all of the other threads in the "Sony/Ericsson" section and you'll ONLY find the canned "we don't know, but watch our news" replies.  Verizon seems to think that anyone who wants an Xperia phone isn't worth their attention.  They promised the z4v and then abandoned it without even a mention, leaving all of those who were waiting for it completely in the dark. If you want Xperia, you'll probably need to go elsewhere, I'm sad to say.

0 Likes
KeyWestReactor
Contributor - Level 1

In spite of my warning in the comment above, now that Verizon HAS made at least a minimal effort at Xperia communication (by tacking a small "we changed our minds" comment onto a 5-month-old press release that extols how great the z4v WAS going to be), THIS thread is now the place for them to give some relief to those of us who have been waiting so long....

WHEN CAN WE z5 ???  We really need something more specific than "we are committed to supporting Sony Mobile’s product portfolio ". ...

audiophizile
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree. We would very much like to know if and when this phone will be

available

KeyWestReactor
Contributor - Level 1

Current rumor -- way to the end of  Xperia Z4v Canceled VERIZON can #EAD - YouTube (after all the understandable ranting) -- is "November".  PLEASE Verizon, don't fart around and stretch this out like you have virtually every other Sony product.......

0 Likes
audiophizile
Enthusiast - Level 3

If this true my large frustration with Verizon has turned into hate for

Verizon. Why does Verizon hate us????? I give you over $250 a month and you

just don't care about us. Not releasing a phone because of oem unlock

capability is ridiculous.

Raudi9018
Enthusiast - Level 1

I pay $500+/month to VZW and been a customer since 1991.  This is the type of stuff that WILL FINALLY make me switch to another carrier.   With the cost of phones, data plans, etc. always increasing, I expect a provider to treat me like a customer and bring new phones to market TIMELY.  The Z4v announcement process and slow death coupled with no update on the new phone - presumable why there will be no Z4 - is not the sign of a customer-centric organization.

I will strongly consider leaving if AT&T provided the Sony first.

Too bad Verizon, you had (and still have) the opportunity to appeal to a large customer base but you seem not to care.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sad to hear you feel this way bout us Raudi9018, especially being with our family for so long. We don't want to lose you because we know we can provide you with the best servce in the nation. We do our best to release devices in a timely fashion because we want our customers happy. There is also a lot that goes into releasing a phone because we want to make sure it works great when our customers recieve it. I'm sorry about the delay and hope you reconsider staying with us.

You can stay updated via our website here http://www.verizonwireless.com/news/   regarding new products and services.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!