Re: Where is Advanced Calling 1.0 for the Z3v?
mama23dogs
Legend

NO.  Sony supplies the code to Verizon.  Verizon verifies your ESN when you request it OTA.

IT is always done this way except for Apple or non carrier phones.

ALWAYS.

GO ahead.  You are about to find out why Verizon didn't push the update.

YOu might want to read every complaint about lollipop.  Poor battery life, running hot, no wifi, bricked phone.  Issues that were solved by subsequent updates that Sony did not make for your phone.

I Lived through it with Samsung phones, and read many on this forum.  Not a pretty sight.

0 Likes
NoAC1_0

I am sure there is a way to make it work if it there, I know of a way but do not wish to discus that here, it is not within the realm of the topic, which is AC 1.0 for the Sony Z3v that is capable of AC 1.0 per Verizon's own admission.

Making it work and having carrier support for the ability are two different things one can make something work but it has no support by the carrier if something doesn't work.

Install Linux on a Dell and call Dell for support, won't happen, Dell didn't sell it with Linux on it, now if you buy a Dell with Linux preinsatlled Dell will support it, right? Same goes with carriers, you buy their phones you get support, well unless you are on Verizon and you buy a Sony.

Here is another thing, the Z3v when you asked Verizon, Verizon says not to bother Sony that Verizon did all the support for the phone if anything happened under warranty or with any extended warranty, odd isn't it Verizon says don't bother Sony.

0 Likes
NoAC1_0

My choice about Lollipop right?

Besides you have a Nexus.

My God a cheap Android device on a low level carrier (but GSM) can talk and surf at the same time, REALLY VERIZON.

I will not relent.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Verizon has the system in place to support AC 1.0 on any device with the proper software.

As I wrote, I does on my 6p, which has never been touched by Verizon, not sold by Verizon ever.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Difference between CDMA and GSM. You should understand the difference in technology.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

NoAC1.0 wrote:

My choice about Lollipop right?

Besides you have a Nexus.

My God a cheap Android device on a low level carrier (but GSM) can talk and surf at the same time, REALLY VERIZON.

I will not relent.

Yes, it's your risk.  And the reported problems were on Samsung and LG but if you go back to my first response, Sony only coded the first 2 of the 4 updates for lollipop.  The 1st , 2nd and 3rd were buggy.

0 Likes
NoAC1_0

So there is now AC 2.0, guess you knew that right? Oh wait you didn't 'cause if you did you would have said so already.

So now the question becomes -- "Where is Ac 2.0 for the Z3v?"

0 Likes
NoAC1_0

I am sorry I don't listen very well to hearsay.

"Verizon has the system in place to support AC 1.0 on any device with the proper software.

As I wrote, I does on my 6p, which has never been touched by Verizon, not sold by Verizon ever." -- SO why can't you do AC 2.0? Your 6P is new enough right, so I guess you got snookered and didn’t get the AC 2.0 on you new Nexus 6P.

And I am suppose to believe you that you know everything yet you didn't know of AC 2.0 and you bought a device that can't do it, REALLY!

AC 2.0 has been out since December 7th 2015.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Actually it does thanks to Block C rules...

Anyway want to take me up on my offer? Both mutually beneficial in the agreement.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

It will not it does I should say. That's the reason. It supports AC1.0.

0 Likes