Why do Messages+ text notifications disappear after a few seconds?
Nidnod
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have an xperia z3v and recently updated to android 5.5.1. Now when I get a new text I get a notification but it disappears after a few seconds without giving me a chance to view it. I've checked all the settings and disabled all other messaging apps on my phone yet am unable to solve this problem.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Message+ text notifications disappearing after a few seconds
Nidnod
Enthusiast - Level 1

Alright someone asked an identical question after I asked this one and in those replies I found a solution that worked for me. Go to settings, application manager, all applications, select message+, and then uninstall updates. This seems like a temporary fix but it works for the time being.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Nidnod
Enthusiast - Level 1

Alright someone asked an identical question after I asked this one and in those replies I found a solution that worked for me. Go to settings, application manager, all applications, select message+, and then uninstall updates. This seems like a temporary fix but it works for the time being.

0 Likes
RedWishDotCom
Enthusiast - Level 1

Uninstalling updates works but this is a temporary fix as it means that users are now back to the base version of the app and lose newer features or bug fixes that have come through in previous app updates. Verizon should find a permanent fix for this.

0 Likes
mmc66
Enthusiast - Level 1

This will also erase any messages you have had since the update .... I have tried to use other messaging apps, but they were all missing the texts since the update so I kept going back to the messaging + and was trying everything so get the notifications going.  I uninstalled the updates and boom, I lost all my messages since the update Smiley Sad

0 Likes
pt11235

Happy to find at least a temporary fix to this annoying problem.

mmc66 I was able to recover my lost messages by opening the settings tab (tap in the upper left corner) and then selecting "Restore Messages."  In the next dialog window, I selected "Restore from Online."  After a minute or so, all of my lost messages were restored.  Hope that works for you.

0 Likes