Why does my device randomly open the web browser?
Strach53
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Sony xperia Z3 randomly opens Internet with warning ⚠ about page being unsafe even if I'm not trying to get on Internet. What do I do????

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Randomly opens Internet
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the update Strach53. We are headed in the right direction. I appreciate you trying this step and if it does not happen in Safe Mode, then it is application related. You may uninstall every application but that may get tedious. So a factory data reset would be best, just ensuring that you back up all your information first. http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-123966/

Then once the reset is done, don’t download anything for a day and then start to download things one by one and see if the issues appears after you download a certain app. Keep us posted on the out come.

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Strach53,

We want to make sure you have a fully functioning phone. Help is here so let’s get to the bottom of this and see what’s going on. How long has this been happening? Any recent software updates? Any new applications downloaded to the phone? Please try to put in Safe Mode and see if you still have issues:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-123606/

TakendraW_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Strach53
Enthusiast - Level 1

Okay I restarted my phone in safe mode and it doesn't seem to be having the

issue. It has been having this issue for quit some time now. No new updates

but I have had several apps downloaded. I tried to go through an delete the

ones I didn't need. Do I need to uninstall every app and update in order to

fix the issue ir do I need to do a factory reset?

Thank you

Sabrina trach

On Nov 25, 2015 7:14 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the update Strach53. We are headed in the right direction. I appreciate you trying this step and if it does not happen in Safe Mode, then it is application related. You may uninstall every application but that may get tedious. So a factory data reset would be best, just ensuring that you back up all your information first. http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-123966/

Then once the reset is done, don’t download anything for a day and then start to download things one by one and see if the issues appears after you download a certain app. Keep us posted on the out come.

TakendraW_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes