Why no options to upgrade for Z3v owners?
twoodjr
Enthusiast - Level 3

I, like a lot of other Z3v owners, have been massively disappointed by Verizon's lack of support for this phone. From the lack of software updates, which were promised as a selling point when the phone was introduced, to Verizon pulling it a mere 7 months later, I felt like Verizon has thumbed its nose at us. And since Verizon continues to ignore our requests for software updates ( don't deny it, Verizon, because the company firmare for Lollipop was leaked), every effort should have been made to offer Z3v users a chance to upgrade, or switch, to another phone with better Verizon support. So why is that so? With Sprint and TMobile offering massive incentives to switch, Verizon seems more than happy to ignore us Z3v owners. A shame.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why no options to upgrade for Z3v owners?
mama23dogs
Legend

Sony has pulled out of the US market.  If you look at other websites, one of the major 4 carriers have Sony phones

Without Sony participating in the process, updating software is not possible. 

IT costs extra time and money for Sony to write the updates for carrier software, and they aren't willing to do so for this model on Verizon.  Since the lollipop update they have provided, is only to 5.0.2, which was not a stable version, Verizon can't release it, knowing it will cause problems.  5.1.1 is a stable version, but has not been provided, nor will it be by Sony

IF you like Sony, you will have to import your phones in the future.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

twoodjr,
I’d be saddened to see you want to go elsewhere over this. I know how important is to have the latest software update on the device. We always want to support all devices on the network. Are you having any issues currently on the Xperia? We always want to also keep you informed of latest updates here -> http://vz.to/1Lh3wKm

ShirazP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
twoodjr
Enthusiast - Level 3

I never stated that I would switch carriers. All I pointed out is while Verizon tells every customer how important they are, it seems owners of certain phones are more important than others. And with the competition bending over backwards to entice customers, the lack of support for the Z3v owners is jarring. And once Verizon decided to retire the Z3v, and not offer any sort of update except for the minor one in Jan 2015, then considerations should have been made with respect to options for owners who like Verizon, and wouldn't mind a phone with better support. Instead, owners are going to have to wait two years with no major software update, which was promised as a selling point when the phone was introduced.

KeyWestReactor
Contributor - Level 1

The "contract" for the final (of 3) member of my family expires in a couple of months, so all 3 of WILL be leaving Verizon over their BROKEN PROMISE to upgrade thez3v to Lollipop.  This is a FACT.  I love the coverage that Verizon provides, but a company that continues to break their promises (e.g., "we WILL update the z3v to Lollipop", the "z4v WILL go on sale in Summer 2015') is not one deserving of my business.

(And the Verizon "answer-bots" that post these canned "we are so sorry...." responses that ignore the actual issues involved do NOT help at all -- they actually make people MORE annoyed.)

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey twoodjr, thanks for clarifying for us. We're glad that you are happy with service, and I know a big part of that is having a phone that you like.

There are a lot of tests and approval requirements for us to do a software release. You are currently on the best network and we want to keep you as part of our family. I know that it can be hard waiting for an update, but it will come in time. Thank you so much for your patience, and check out our news page where anticipated updates appear first!

http://vz.to/1KowmPp

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Sony has pulled out of the US market.  If you look at other websites, one of the major 4 carriers have Sony phones

Without Sony participating in the process, updating software is not possible. 

IT costs extra time and money for Sony to write the updates for carrier software, and they aren't willing to do so for this model on Verizon.  Since the lollipop update they have provided, is only to 5.0.2, which was not a stable version, Verizon can't release it, knowing it will cause problems.  5.1.1 is a stable version, but has not been provided, nor will it be by Sony

IF you like Sony, you will have to import your phones in the future.

0 Likes