Xperia z3v and severe mms issue
finickyplanet

Just recently acquired a Sony Xperia z3v, other than the severe amount of bloatware and the terrible noise that is displayed when using the front camera in low light, I think it's a pretty nice phone.

UNTIL I tried to receive a MMS message from my friends. It appears that the Xperia Z series has constant issues with downloading and displaying picture messages.... It is literally all over the Internet (though strangely not a single post from Verizon on what seems to be a prevalent issue...hhmmmm). And the only solution is apparently to download a 3rd party app to fix it.

This is NOT how it should be for any phone right out the box. My question is simple: Has anyone found a way to correct this without downloading a 3rd party app?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Xperia z3v and severe mms issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you're having issues downloading picture messages on your new phone finickyplanet. What error message do you receive? Is it from specific contacts or all MMS messages that are received by your phone?

KinquanaH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ndratz91
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's the messaging app that Verizon installs and makes default. If you go into the phone settings and disable the Verizon app and make the Sony messaging app default you won't have any more problems. It's not the phone or Sony's fault, it's Verizons bloatware

0 Likes
Shannonks17
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also having the same issue with the mms and duplicate text messages! This is fairly annoying and I have only had my phone for about a month..

-Shannon

0 Likes
Shannonks17
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am using the stock sony app and am still having the mms issue!

-Shannon

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to learn you are having trouble with MMS and duplicate messages, Shannonks17. Can you clarify if your MMS messages are being duplicated when downloaded, or are only regular texts being duplicated? What problems do you experience with MMS? Are you connected to mobile data when you receive and download MMS?

AndreaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes