Z3v Port Cover Problem
bhoward4343
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had my SONY Z3v for about 3 weeks. The port cover for the micro-USB has fallen off. I understand this is an ongoing problem with the SONY phones. This a vital part to assure that the phone is waterproof. I contacted SONY and was told the phone would have to be returned for an evaluation and repair which will take 14 days. However after looking online, I see that this is a simple fix and the cover can be easily replaced by the user. The only problem is, the part is not available through SONY. They will not send out the Port Cover. There are plenty of Port Covers available on E-Bay, but they are for the Z1, Z2 & Z3. None are available for the Z3v!!!

Anybody else running into this same problem????

Hey Verizon & SONY, how about cutting us LOYAL customers a break!!!!

Signed,

25 year Verizon Customer

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Z3v Port Cover Problem
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
bhoward4343,

I am sorry to hear about the issues with your port cover. Unfortunately we do not carry the port covers for replacement. We truly want your phone to stay water resistant. I would suggest following up on the offer for Sony to repair the device as we are unable to repair it. I know being without a phone for 14 days can be a bit of a challenge. If you have an another device it can be temporarily activated on the line until you receive your device back from Sony.
LindseyT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Z3v Port Cover Problem
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
bhoward4343,

I am sorry to hear about the issues with your port cover. Unfortunately we do not carry the port covers for replacement. We truly want your phone to stay water resistant. I would suggest following up on the offer for Sony to repair the device as we are unable to repair it. I know being without a phone for 14 days can be a bit of a challenge. If you have an another device it can be temporarily activated on the line until you receive your device back from Sony.
LindseyT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes