Re: Z3v cannot send texts after Lollipop 5.1.1 update
Jfen16
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same thing here - z3v just updated, getting the "could not send" error when trying to use regular messenger app. If I use messenger+ I don't even get the option to send (it's greyed out).

Downloaded Textra and it does work, which is a nice work around, though this should be addressed.

GS67
Enthusiast - Level 2

Latest update:

Verizon's Messaging+ works Smiley Happy

Textra SMS works Smiley Happy

Google messaging Does not work

Default messaging app Does not work

0 Likes
Stylerod
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK. Factory reset fixed it.

Stylerod
Enthusiast - Level 2

And the factory reset seems to make all the messaging apps work. At least the three I have tried.

Zhuble

Got the update today and same thing here. No texting with the factory app and I don't want a third party app. That is just idiotic to me

0 Likes
Procyon

Google Hangouts appears to be working.

Honestly, this is seriously f'ed up.  Factory Reset is not an option for me, nor should it be. And this is not the first Sony Xperia phone they gimped with an update, does anyone else here remember the Xperia Play update fiasco?

From any reputable business, I would expect a patch to fix this, but since this is Verizon, I won't hold my breath.

0 Likes
zachariahpope
Enthusiast - Level 3

I noticed the following bugs: Sony's Messaging app broken after update,  Tapping on 'software update' in Settings didn't open anything or yield any response ... Also 'about phone' section worked initially after the update, but after a few hours, started to have the same symptom as the 'software update' where Tapping it yielded no response. I also noticed terribly heavy battery drain early on and very false battery recharge estimates reported when plugging the device in (Plugged in at 6% battery said it'd be full charged in 11 minutes) Finally I realized this was either the worst update ever or it was just in heavy need of a factory reset... So I factory reset the device a couple of hours ago and its running smooth as butter and has squashed all the initial bugs.

BearAspirin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Factory reset seems to have fixed the issue?

0 Likes
zachariahpope
Enthusiast - Level 3

It did for me. It fixed all the bugs I listed above ^

BearAspirin
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've seen the same battery drain issue as well as the texting issue. You haven't had any problems since you reset it?

0 Likes