Nando90

I can send out a text message but cannot receive a text message

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: cannot recieve text messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Nando90

Lets get these messages going again! How long has this been going on? What zip code are you in? Is this to the same person or are you not getting text messages from any number?
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dkjong

I just installed Message+ on my Windows based LT (OS Windows 7).  I can send texts, but cannot receive them.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our goal is to make sure you can send and receive messages, dkjong.
There are a few things we need to check first. With WiFi off, are you able to browse the internet?
While in the Verizon Messages, tap Menu , select Settings, select Manage devices to view the connected devices. To disconnect a device, tap disconnect to disconnect all.
http://vz.to/1Qqbusd

Please try the messaging again and let me know how it works.

TamaraH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dkjong

With WiFi off, are you able to browse the internet?  No

While in the Verizon Messages, tap Menu , select Settings, select Manage

devices to view the connected devices. To disconnect a device, tap

disconnect to disconnect all.  Still cannot receive messages.  Can send,

however, return text messages only go to my Verizon iPhone 6.  Shouldn't

sent messages and received messages sync across all my devices?

Don

Personal information removed as required by the

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dkjong,

We want to make sure you are receiving your message across all your devices. Is the Verizon Messages application up to date on your Sony Xperia Z2?  Do you receive any error messages?

M_W
Follow us on Twitter @t
If my response answered your question please click the t � button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dkjong

I'm sorry, I do not have a Sony Xperia Z2.

I have a Nexus 7 tablet, a HP Laptop, and a HP Desktop, as well as the

iPhone 6+.  Everything can send text messages.  Only the iPhone 6 can

receive messages back.

Don

Personal information removed as required by the

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize if there was confusion on my behalf in regards to the devices you are using dkjong.  When setting up Verizon Messages you are asked to enter your mobile number on all devices in order to sync.  A text message should have been sent to your mobile device to ensure that particular device is connected.  Was this step completed when activating all your devices?

Also since this is a public form, we recommend to delete your mobile number for privacy reason.

YareliM_VZW

0 Likes