Re: Apple News+ Promo
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for confirming that everything else is working fine, Light1. Only our Verizon Up Customer Service team will be able to assist you further. You can call the Verizon Up Customer Service at (866) 895-5579 (they do not have a Social Media team) from Mon - Fri: 8 AM - 8 PM ET, and Sat - Sun: 8 AM - 6 PM ET. 

- Antonio

0 Likes
sameerg10
Enthusiast - Level 2

I’m having the same issue trying to activate this offer

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sameerg10, we are disheartened to learn that you're also having these issues, but we want to ensure you have received the help you need on this. Have you reached out to our Verizon Up team with the provided contact details that were provided previously? If you haven't, please ensure that you do that to make sure that this is resolved. We are here if you still need assistance. 

KevinM_VZW

0 Likes
sameerg10
Enthusiast - Level 2

It doesn't show me how to contact them specifically on the Verizon app.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for confirming. Our Verizon Up team can be reached at 866-895-5579 Mon-Fri8:00AM - 8:00PM ETSat-Sun8:00AM - 6:00PM ET. Let us know if this information helps.  

RogerZ_VZW

0 Likes
tryingwithintegrity
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was having the same issue numerous times on different days with "Payment Not Processed!" message until I closed the Apple News app on iPhone. (This was after ensuring my iOS was up to date.) Once the app was closed, voila, the rewards code was accepted. Issue resolved.

Tags (1)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

making sure that you can take advantage of the promotions offered is priority. I signed up for the Apple News + trial myself, and am enjoying. Do not worry, we will help you figure out what is going on.  When you are trying to start the free subscription, can you tell us what steps you took? It does require a valid Apple ID/password and even payment method on file. You can still cancel the subscription before billing starts, if you are not satisfied. 

Here is a link to all the details: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209513

Does this information help?

0 Likes
Hanner124
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello again.

Well, after spending countless hours within the past 2 months chatting with both Verizon and Apple then talking on the phone with them for a combined 2 hours to no avail, I was about ready to give up on this reward until I decided to do a little more research one last time. That's when I came across another thread on here concerning this same issue and someone mentioned if your device does not have the latest iOS14, this promo will not work. It's not just a matter of having the latest update that your phone is compatible with, you actually have to use a device with the latest iOS14 on it. Since I have an old iphone 6, my software will only update to iOS12. Fortunately, I was able to login to my apple account using one of my family member's devices that does have iOS14 and when I clicked the promo in the verizon app, the link finally worked. I then refreshed my account on my phone and was able to finally enjoy this promo. Very thankful for the person who discovered the answer and I hope it helps anyone else who is having this problem. 🙂

Quentin79

I am having the same trouble. I clicked on apple news subscription for 6 months and I can’t find it to redeem it! Please help!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be more than happy to assist you with redeeming Apple News+! We will be sending you a Private Note, so we can continue.

0 Likes