Can I just put my old SIM card into my new iPad?
NAIENSAMA

Hello Smiley Happy

I had a Verizon SIM card in my old iPad 2 installed a couple of years ago. A few months ago, my iPad died and I replaced it with an iPad Air 2. I never got around to activating cellular data on the new device, nor canceling the old plan (life got in the way). Can I just pop the old SIM card into the new iPad or do I need a new one/new plan?

Thank you!

Caroline

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Question about old SIM card in new iPad
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NAIENSAMA It's definitely important to have the right Sim card for your tablet. It's understandable to get the tablets confused. Please keep us posted if you need further assistance.

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would love to get you up and running as quickly as possible! Upon review the iPad 2 for the Verizon Wireless network was only designed for the CDMA 3G network that does not take a SIM card. Was the iPad 2 directly from Apple? Did the Verizon Wireless SIM card work in it? Was the iPad Air 2 purchased from us? Is there currently a SIM card in that device? If the SIM cards are compatible you can simply swap the active card into the new device and test further.

YaleK_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
NAIENSAMA

I thought my old iPad was an iPad 2, but maybe not? I got the old iPad directly from Apple, but the SIM card I bought directly from the Verizon store. I will just see if it will work in the new iPad and go from there.

Thank you!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NAIENSAMA It's definitely important to have the right Sim card for your tablet. It's understandable to get the tablets confused. Please keep us posted if you need further assistance.

SheritaH_VZW

0 Likes