Can I share wireless data with an iPad and a phone?
jasonrwoods
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am thinking about buying an iPad, and would like to know if I get one with cellular capability, can use the same line/data as my cell phone...or does Verizon require that you purchase a separate data plan just for tablets?  Nothing I've seen is very clear about this.  Can I just buy an iPad and tie it to my existing line?

...and yes, I'm aware that I can use my phone as a hotspot and connect the tablet via wifi, I'm just curious to know if the iPad can have its own SIM card but use the same data/line as my cell.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I share wireless data w/ iPad and phone?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, your tablet can have it's own SIM card, and share your data (use the "same data" plan as the phone.  It will be given a separate line, though, and as MARGIELIBRA​ stated, there is a $10/month fee for the line. 

The only way to share the data with the one phone line and no additional charge is to use the phone as a hot spot and connect the tablet over wifi (no SIM needed).

View solution in original post

MARGIELIBRA
Contributor - Level 2

Hi. I have a tablet with Verizon and you cannot share the line with your phone. It comes with its own line. You can add it to your current data but will probably pay 10 bucks extra for the service. They may try and convince you to get more data if need be. Well at least that's how mine works.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, your tablet can have it's own SIM card, and share your data (use the "same data" plan as the phone.  It will be given a separate line, though, and as MARGIELIBRA​ stated, there is a $10/month fee for the line. 

The only way to share the data with the one phone line and no additional charge is to use the phone as a hot spot and connect the tablet over wifi (no SIM needed).

jasonrwoods
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your help!

jasonrwoods
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you so much for your help!

0 Likes
MARGIELIBRA
Contributor - Level 2

Anytime Jason.

0 Likes