Can I use my iPad as a phone?
KarenDorr

since I have a phone number issued to my IPad, I assume I can make calls; is this correct?  How do I set it up?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to use phone on IPad
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You assumed incorrectly. The phone number for a cellular iPad is only for Verizon Wireless to identify the line of service. The device doesn't have the ability to make or receive calls natively. There might be applications available to sync your cell phone number to the device and make calls using that number.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You assumed incorrectly. The phone number for a cellular iPad is only for Verizon Wireless to identify the line of service. The device doesn't have the ability to make or receive calls natively. There might be applications available to sync your cell phone number to the device and make calls using that number.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
dnhughes
Enthusiast - Level 2

You can make video or audio calls through the Face Time app on both wifi and cellular connections.