Do I need data for an iPad if I only use it on wi-fi?
KEEPINITTRIMMED

We have 2 iPads on the plan and never use the cellular feature. Is it really necessary to have that if it is never used ???

Help Please

Steve

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPad does it need cellular if only used in wifi area?
rcschnoor
Legend

No, it is not. For those who don't normally use an iPad where no wifi signal is available, I can't imagine why they would ever purchase a cellular iPad and incur that additional cost each month. For those who only need cellular data for their iPad OCCASIONALLY, you can simply use your phone's hotspot to provide data for your iPad. This will save you a couple of hundred dollars a year in service cost not to mention the hundred dollars or so less you would pay for the iPad to begin with.

When the iPad was first introduced, I purchased a cellular model. I would never consider purchasing anything other than a wifi model ever again.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: iPad does it need cellular if only used in wifi area?
rcschnoor
Legend

No, it is not. For those who don't normally use an iPad where no wifi signal is available, I can't imagine why they would ever purchase a cellular iPad and incur that additional cost each month. For those who only need cellular data for their iPad OCCASIONALLY, you can simply use your phone's hotspot to provide data for your iPad. This will save you a couple of hundred dollars a year in service cost not to mention the hundred dollars or so less you would pay for the iPad to begin with.

When the iPad was first introduced, I purchased a cellular model. I would never consider purchasing anything other than a wifi model ever again.

0 Likes