How do I stop auto pay to Ipad 2 that I no longer have?
3tzus

Verizon is charging me $20/mo and says they cannot stop charging me if I don't have the Ipad account number. I no longer HAVE this Ipad so do not have a way to give them the number! This Ipad was set up as a Pay as You Go account, but automatically deducts $20 from my bank account even though i no longer have it. Help!

Please don't tell me to check my bill, as I do not HAVE a bill. I cannot go on the Ipad and change the settings to stop charging me. Verizon tells me I am out of luck unless I can give them the Ipad account number. Can't they just find it through my debit card they charge each month? It's the only account Verizon charges my debit card for. I have a contract plan for my phones and the NEW Ipad I bought to replace the lost one but that account is not set up to auto pay. I just want to stop paying $20/month for data that goes to an Ipad that I no longer own!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I stop auto pay to Ipad 2 that I no longer have?
mama23dogs
Legend

So look at the bill at the bank...  You can stop the Payments at that end too.

The account number has to be included with the bank auto pay connection or the money couldn't be added to the account for the (former) iPad.

0 Likes
Re: How do I stop auto pay  to Ipad 2 that I no longer have?
3tzus

Thanks. I did call my bank, but they can't stop payment on a debit card withdrawal, only if it was throught clearinghouse or by check. I would have to close my debit card and get another one. There is no account number associated with the withdrawal according to my bank. I have put through a "Claim" via my bank but it won't stop the charge on a monthly basis...it is only a challenge to this last charge. The lady at the bank is hoping that when they get the claim Verizon will respond to it with the account number. But this seems to be pretty complicated roundabout way....I just don't understand why Verizon cannot look up my account via my debit card number.

0 Likes
Re: How do I stop auto pay  to Ipad 2 that I no longer have?
mama23dogs
Legend

You can't stop payment in progress, but you can stop next month and the month after, etc....

i Find the banks lack of info odd.  All transactions on my bank account have connected information on the transaction

check you you past statements online.

0 Likes