How much data will be used by activating my device as a hot spot for two iPads?
runner01

I am taking a road trip here with two kids.  It's a 12 hour drive and a lot of ROAMING areas. I was going to set up my phone as a hot spot for their two iPads to use to watch netflix during the trip.   I've heard that 1 move can use 1-2 GB of data, but then others say that is inflated  Wondering if I had two iPads streaming from my iPhone hotspot, if I would go through 10GB of data in just a couple hours?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How much data using hot spot on phone for 2 iPads?
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Can't really answer this in any way that should be taken as definitive. You will chew through data quickly (all 3 devices will be using data) and it's possible you could go through that 10GB's quicker than you would like. Are you able to put any movies/videos on the iPads for the kids to view without streaming (or to cut down on the streaming so all of their viewing won't be done that way)?

View solution in original post

Re: How much data using hot spot on phone for 2 iPads?
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Can't really answer this in any way that should be taken as definitive. You will chew through data quickly (all 3 devices will be using data) and it's possible you could go through that 10GB's quicker than you would like. Are you able to put any movies/videos on the iPads for the kids to view without streaming (or to cut down on the streaming so all of their viewing won't be done that way)?