How to repurpose an existing iPad 4th Gen to become a wireless only device
toyman

Person 1 presently has an iPad 2  with its cellular data line canceled because they are using it as wireless only device.

Person 2 has recently gotten a new iPad Air2 devive to replace her existing  IPAD 4th Gen device.

I’ve been asked to wipe person 2's IPAD 4th Gen device and now repurpose it to replace Person 1's present iPad2.

The ultimate goal is for the IPAD 4th Gen device to become a wireless only device with no cellular data service.

But the existing cellular number tied to this iPad 4th Gen is presently activated on a new iPad Air2 being used by Person 2.

Thus I want to make sure I do not do something to cause a detrimental affect on the existing cellular account in use by the iPad Air2 device.

Would I need to remove the existing SIM card that is in the IPAD 4th Gen, and also work with Verizon support to perform some sort of MEID number disaccociation process away from its existing cellular number, to leave it in a no cellular service state?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How to repurpose an existing iPad 4th Gen to become a wireless only device
Snn5
Legend

Removing the SIM will remove the ability for it to use the network.  I have an iPad 2 from Verizon which is no longer on an active line.  This is what I did.  Works fine as WiFi-only.

0 Likes
Re: How to repurpose an existing iPad 4th Gen to become a wireless only device
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

toyman, no worries. I can provide you with the next best step to remove that device from your account. You may deactivate that device online at My Verizon. Just sign in right here: 

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/myverizonlp/

Have you considered suspending that line with billing to ensure that no device is utilizing the data allowance?

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/suspend-service-faqs/#Military%20Suspension

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes