Massive Failure In Every Way
KITSCH
Enthusiast - Level 2

I upgraded to the 2020 iPadPro 12.9 1TB. I did so through Verizonwireless dot com, which seems to have been a completely fatal mistake. In the order process, I selected my two previous iPads, 2017/2018 iPadPros to trade-in with the order. After the order went through, 1) I never received any conformation of the trade ins. 2) when I went into check my devices, the old iPadPros were gone. But something much, much worse had happened. Verizon listed the 2018 iPadPro, the one I had just paid off, as being my “new purchase” and having 24 months to pay off. I just figured it would resolve when I received and activated the 2020 iPad. I received the 2020 iPad and the Magic Keyboard today and set it up and ... there is no cellular data number associated with this iPad. I tried to add my device in Verizon Wirless dot com and it wanted to create a new line for the line I already have!!! I am leaving out the part where I spent most of the night when I ordered the 2020 iPad trying sort the trade in stuff out, which couldn’t be sorted out because 1) it never generated any trade-in 2) they can’t see my old devices in the system. So, in addition to not having 900 to reduce my monthly bill (the combined amounts of my old iPads trade-in value), I also don’t get the extra 100 of the 200 upgrade/trade in promotion. On top of all of that, I can’t actually use my device because the SIM is not connected to my line! I have no idea what to do. It seems that calling people is worthless as is trying to do chat. There really seems to be no help and I have been with Verizon for a decade and spend a lot of money with them. I don’t understand how something like all of the above could happen. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Massive Failure In Every Way
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KITSCH, we definitely want to help with getting you the assistance needed for the orders on your iPad. So we can help, please send us a Private Note. JoseL_VZW

0 Likes
KITSCH
Enthusiast - Level 2

The messaging system will no longer allow me to respond to your messages or even click on them in order to click on the link to sign my rights to Confidential Info away. 

It seems to me like everything at Verizon is broken. 

Can you please re-send the link. I am unable to open the message or even respond to you because messaging is no longer working properly for me. 

0 Likes
KITSCH
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would also like to request that this issue, or series of issues, be immediately escalated to a manager. 

This is not how your ordering system is supposed to work and it has not just been one single issue. It is something systemic that is wrong with Verizon. I understand about the pandemic, but so many things “broke” during this process. Someone needs to understand why this happened. 

0 Likes
KITSCH
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was able to authenticate my account using the link in the email you sent to my email for the account. 

However, I remain “frozen” in private messages. I cannot reply to anyone or open any messages. 

Is Verizon working hard to ensure I have the worst possible buying experience when I paying you thousands and thousands of dollars and the product does not even work because something is very wrong with your system. 

0 Likes
KITSCH
Enthusiast - Level 2

Please escalate this to a manager and have them call me right away. This has been going on for days now. 

0 Likes
KITSCH
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello? Is anyone there? Hello?

PLEASE HELP ME. WHAT IS WRONG WITH VERIZON. IS THE ENTIRE COMPANY MELTING DOWN. NOTHING IS WORKING. 

PLEASE RESPOND. I HAVE WASTED HOURS ON THE PHONE, HOURS ON CHAT AND NOW YOU ARE WASTING MY TIME ON THIS MESSAGE BOARD AND YOU HAVE, APPARENTLY LOCKED MY ABILITY TO RESPOND TO YOU IN PRIVATE MESSAGES. 

ALL I AM DOING IS TRYING TO GET HELP. PLEASE FIND SOMONE TO HELP ME. 

0 Likes
KITSCH
Enthusiast - Level 2

I CANNOT RESPOND TO ANY OF YOUR MESSAGES IN PRIVATE MESSAGES!

I CAN ONLY READ THEM AS EMAILS. 

THIS IS IN RESPONSE TO YOUR LAST MESSAGE: 

I TRIED ACTIVATING IT MYSELF BY PUTTING IN THE SIM CARD FROM THE OLD IPAD IN THE NEW ONE AND ADDING THE DEVICE, MYSELF, TO MY ACCOUNT, BUT IT'S NOT ACTIVATING. 

YOU'VE ASKED FOR MY SIM EID ETC. I CANNOT ANSWER IN MESSAGING. 

THIS IS A GIGANTIC MESS. PLEASE HAVE SOEONE CALL EM TO FIX THIS RIGHT AWAY. 

0 Likes
MATTINFL78
Enthusiast - Level 2

Welcome to the club..... I think Verizon has to know by now how bad their customer service is, and they just don't care. I asked for customer retention department, Yeah they closed. Asked for a supervisor, yeah they just said computer messed up up. We messed up, sorry for your 4 hour wait to speak to a human, we will be happy to waive the fee for fixing our screwup, oh and your welcome for us to help you fix your problem that we created, and caused you to sit on the phone for this long.

KITSCH
Enthusiast - Level 2

WHEN I ATTEMPT TO SEND YOU MESSAGES. IT SAYS I HAVE SENT TOO MANY MESSAGES AND I HAVE TO WAIT AND TRY LATER. 

YOUR SYSTEM IS COMPLETELY BROKEN. 

0 Likes