Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,849 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
Message+ Not Working on iPad Pro
Klassicman386

So I downloaded the Verizon message+ app on my iPad pro to use in conjunction with my Google pixel and I keep getting an error message Everytime I put in the activation code. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas? Side note the app works great on the pixel, and I've already synced the app on my phone. It just won't connect on my iPad.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Message+ Not Working on iPad Pro
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is important that you are able to get the most out of your Messages+ application, Klassicman386. Can you describe the error message you are getting?

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes
Klassicman386

The error message literally says "unknown error" after I put in my phone number for verification.

Thank You,

Quinton [removed]

Personal information as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Klassicman386, We'll work together to get this resolved. Do you have the latest version of the application on your tablet? Which model iPad are you using?

Trinette_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Klassicman386

I’m using the iPad Pro 10.5 and iOS 11.4

The messaging app version is the latest one available in the App Store.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling 3 times and still receiving the same error message. I can screen shot it if you'd like.

Thank You,

Quinton [removed]

Personal information modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Was the activation code associated with the same number/profile of your Pixel or that number/profile of your iPad?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Klassicman386

The number was associated with same number as my phone

Thank You,

Quinton [removed]

Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

One more question...Is your iPad a device added/registered on your account?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Klassicman386

It's a DPP device on my account. It's registered and assigned to me.

Thank You,

Quinton [removed]

Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Klassicman386,

You have definitely been following the correct steps. If you are able to provide a screenshot of your error screen, feel free, just make sure to redact any personal information that may be displayed.

For clarification purposes, you are entering your Pixel's phone number, and not your iPad's phone number when you request the security code, correct? And when you receive the security code on your Pixel, are you entering it on the Pixel or the iPad?

Colin_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes