My Verizon app crash on account load
MacinMan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey all,

I've had a really annoying problem with the "My Verizon" app as of the last couple of updates.

When I open the app, it loads, then crashes after loading my dashboard.  I fixed the problem on my iPhone 12 Pro Max by restoring the phone to a clean install of iOS 14.4, and it seems to have settled down there.  However, on my iPad Air 2, even after a restore and clean install, the problem still persists.

The app doesn't crash UNTIL it loads the dashboard.  I am able to log in to the website without issues: both on my iMac, and on the mobile devices.  This problem seems to be limited to the mobile application itself.  This started with version 8.4.0 of the My Verizon app.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: My Verizon app crash on account load
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of being able to access your My Verizon application on various devices. I am happy to see your phone is now working after completing those steps. With regard to your iPad what is the current software verison installed on it?

0 Likes
MacinMan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi there, the current software version is iPadOS 14.4, and the My Verizon software version is 8.4.1

IPad model îs iPad Air 2 (WiFi Only) 16 GB.

Also note as mentioned above, the iPad has also been restored as the iPhone was, so both devices are a fresh install and setup.  However, as mentioned, the iPad still has the crash.

0 Likes
gscrubs

How do you resolve this problem?

0 Likes
gscrubs

Running iOS 14.4 on an iPhone X. 

0 Likes
MacinMan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Haven't heard back yet, and I didn't even know these replies were waiting.  I set to be notified by email on replies, and that doesn't seem to be working either.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for these details, MacinMan.  Was your iPad purchased as Wi-Fi only or do you only use it through Wi-Fi? Under Cellular network does it show 3G or 4G as an option? 

CheyenneS_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, gscrubs. We can certainly help you with any trouble with the My Verizon app. To confirm, have you been having trouble with the app crashing since the recent software update, or has it occurred before the update?

ZakC_VZW

0 Likes
MacinMan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

to answer your question, It's a Wifi only model.  I purchased it from Walmart.  However, the latest updates to the app, have fixed the crash, at least so far.  there was an update today, and an update yesterday.  The one yesterday stopped it from crashing, and there was another update today, and I installed that, and it still seems to be working on both devices.  I'll keep you posted if I start having problems again.  It's rare I have app issues, but when I do, it's rare, and usually resolved in a reasonable amount of time.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MacinMan, thank you for the information you provided. We are thrilled to learn that the issues are resolved. If you ever need us, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. Have a wonderful day. 

JacobG_VZW

0 Likes