Re: Regardless of what Apple says my IPad MiNi has been hacked and someone is taking screenshots of websites I vist
Anos1

Ive reset as new many times but it keeps happening

0 Likes
Re: Regardless of what Apple says my IPad MiNi has been hacked and someone is taking screenshots of websites I vist
Weth
Legend

Well that opens up your system to all kinds of malware. Verizon or Apple won't help you once you jailbreak your phone, and the warranty is now void. Erase the phone, restore to factory and set up as new phone and do not use a back up to restore.

0 Likes
Anos1

​I did not jailbreak my IPad​. Someone else did. I didnt even know what was till I started a search to try and find out if my ipad was hacked.

0 Likes
Anos1

Fyi, it just happened. Someone took a screenshot of the intro page to community.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

An iPad cannot be jailbroken without physical access to the tablet. 

Are these screen shots in your photos?   No, then it's not a screen shot.  Sounds like a defective tablet. 

0 Likes
Anos1

Ok. I thought jailbroken is the same as hacked. All I know is its hacked. Someone else has The ability to take the screenshots and steal my mail inbox and sent. Only one reason to sort into from whom I received or sent email....to gain access to whom Im corresponding. Im very observant and its been happening formonths. I wanted to be 100% certain of what I was seeing. My daughter has seen as well. I bought this IPad Mini new from Verizon about 3 years ago and it has worked perfectly until around end of May of this year.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Anos1, I understand this is important for you and the security of our customers is very important to us. We take these matters very serious and let's continue working on getting this resolved. Does this happen when you are connected to LTE or connected to WiFi? Does this flash of the screen happen with other applications? Just to clarify, have you completed a factory data reset on your iPad?

GersonG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Unless an iPad is jail broken it is not hackable.  Because iPad is "sandboxed" it is virtually impossible for an iPad to be hacked or virus to travel from app to app or app to system. 

You iPad is defective, and the email issue is probably unrelated..

Hand it over to Apple to play with for a day, they will see the faulty screen issue and suggest a fix. 

Meanwhile, change your email password.  Email can be spoofed or hacked.  Spoofing is sending email which looks like it from you, but the email address doesn't really match.  Hacked email means you will see sent emails in your sent box, they you did not write.  Usually spam mail. 

To prevent hacked email, add 2 step verification to the email account. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Anos1,

I would be concerned too if this were happening to me. A flash on your screen could just be the tablet screen or the page you are on refreshing very quickly. This is not a sign of a screenshot taking place. As a previous community member stated, if screenshots are taking place, they would appear in your photo albums. If nothing is there, then there are no screenshots happening. No one else could Jailbreak your iPad as it requires physical access to your tablet and it needs to be connected to your computer. The concern with your email could be related to accidentally tapping the option to sort them by alphabetical order. This could happening very easily. It would cause the screen to show blank for a moment as the tablet reorganizes your emails.

For best security, we do recommend changing your email account passwords periodically. You should also use a different password for each account.

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

FYI.  If you and your daughter have iPhone or iPad and sharing Apple and iCloud you are probably sharing inboxes also. 

Separate Apple ID is required.

0 Likes