Second Free SIM for iPad?
AlexLlte

I currently hold an unlimited data plan with an iPhone 11.

Recently, I purchased a cellular model iPad (6th Gen iPad); I'd like to know if getting a SIM for that iPad affects my bill at all. I came across discussions that adding a new device to my account raise bills, but requesting a SIM card from Verison is free, but wouldn't getting a replacement card on the same account deactivate the old one?

Are there any other solutions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Second Free SIM for iPad?
rcschnoor
Legend

So it seems you are asking if there is any way to activate the cellular connection on your iPad without having to pay for it. The answer is no.

You could use the iPad with a wifi connection.

Why did you choose the cellular iPad over the wifi iPad if you weren't willing to add a line to your account in order to activate and pay for the service?

Some people have stated they have successfully switched the SIM card from their phone to their iPad in order to get cellular service on their iPad, but that makes their phone useless while the SIM card is in their iPad.

Yes, getting a SIM card does not cost anything or at least it didn't the last time I did so. I can't say whether or not they have changed their policies, though. You can't have 2 active SIM cards on only one line of service, though.

It appears as if you are asking if there is any way to steal service from Verizon by having 2 active SIM cards on your iPhone's line and only pay for 1 line of service.

0 Likes
AlexLlte

There are no specifics (far as I could find) regarding adding a device on a second line.

Hence I’m openly asking this question, in public forums, on my Verison account.

It seems relatively harsh to call out anyone you find not knowledgeable on a topic a thief. But thanks for your feedback, I won't be marking you as the correct answer.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

@AlexLlte wrote:

There are no specifics (far as I could find) regarding adding a device on a second line.

Yes, activating a cellular iPad on your account would increase your bill.

0 Likes
AlexLlte

that’s all you had to type.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We've got all the answers for you below, beginning with a how-to video followed by step-by-step instructions to buy a new device and add a line of service for it.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/add-a-new-device/

MariaV_VZW

0 Likes