Spending Limit Explanation
jessewilliams562
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have 10 lines on my account as it is a family based account. I am trying to add an 11th line to order an iPad yet Verizon says I have met my spending limit. 3 devices are paid off and one is unable to upgrade and we are unable to order the iPad. Whatever the credit limit is, Verizon needs to remove it from their systems. I have been a loyal customer for one year and almost 2 years. I have read from many others of the Credit Limit that Verizon is doing to their customers and it’s not right. It’s greedy! I have already reported you to the BBB. Do I need to take further action? Something needs to be done about my spending/finance limit ASAP!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Spending Limit Explanation
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our Consumer accounts are limited to 10 lines, but you can always open a Sub Account under your main account and add 10 more, if needed, jessewilliams562! Does this information help? StephannieP_VZW

0 Likes
jessewilliams562
Enthusiast - Level 2

How do I do that?

0 Likes
Doggo
Contributor - Level 3

Completely missed the issue all together. 

A sub account doesn't change an account financing limit. OP never asked about line limits. Even if line limits were an issue, the 10 lines is for phone lines, they mentioned adding an iPad, a connected device.

As for the OP, all carriers have a financial limit. It's no different than opening a credit card and having a different limit compared to someone else because of differing credit scores. Verizon uses a mix of personal credit score and internal factors to base your financing limit. Max is around 7k with most customers being around 3k - 4k. The BBB isn't going to do anything and will ignore the complaint. Your options are pay off more devices to have enough to finance another device payment or purchase the device outside Verizon. Some stores and credit cards offer a payment plan.

jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Doggo wrote:

Completely missed the issue all together. 

A sub account doesn't change an account financing limit. OP never asked about line limits. Even if line limits were an issue, the 10 lines is for phone lines, they mentioned adding an iPad, a connected device.

. . .

Adding an iPad to the account requires a phone number/line.  It is not just a 'connected device'.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are happy to help. Have you been able to get this issue resolved?

Chris_VZW

0 Likes
jessewilliams562
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nope. The issue still isn't resolved and I filed another complain with the BBB. The resolution is to let the 3 lines that are stuck on the iPhone XS and XS Max upgrade and let us transfer an iPad Air to the mentioned account.

If no resolution found, then the issue will get escalated.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Jesse. It concerns us to hear that your issue is not yet resolved. Can you share more details with us, what do you mean by they are stuck on the upgrade? ~David

0 Likes
jessewilliams562
Enthusiast - Level 2

David, the 2 lines that are due for upgrades belong to my sisters. One of those lines have been paid off for a long while, and my sister would like to upgrade it to a iPhone 12 Pro Max or an iPhone 13 Pro Max. Her XS Max is in excellent condition! My other sister only owes like $41.66 on her XS. She wants to either get an iPhone 12 or iPhone 13. But when we try to upgrade, we are always told that we have used up our spending limit which needs to be increased or dropped altogether. Not to mention, we need an iPad moved from a different Verizon account to the said account that holds the 2 lines with upgrades available. We have been customers for about 2 years now. Something needs to be done!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I see. Thank you for clearing this up for us. We definitely want to make sure that you are able t upgrade to the phones that you like. Is it okay if we access your account to continue looking into this for you?~David

0 Likes