Unlocked Ipad 4th. Can it be used?
dudefoxlive
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi i have an unlocked Ipad 4th and i was wondering if i could use it on verizon wireless.  after some research i found out that it uses some of the same 3g bands.  someone activated an At&t ipad air on verizon and i think i could use the same process that he used.  If possible please let me know because i would like to use this ipad on my parents verizon account. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unlocked Ipad 4th. Can it be used?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello dudefoxlive!

You can certainly try activating the device with a Verizon SIM, but our network is designed to work best with devices designed for it. We can't guarantee that any or all of the features on your device will work, and as network compatibility may be an issue, it may not activate at all.

MichelleH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Unlocked Ipad 4th.  Can it be used?
dudefoxlive
Enthusiast - Level 2

i was going to try because in a post on a different forum someone activated an At&t ipad air on verizon.  my ipad is really At&t but after a cal to At&t to get it unlocked i found out that it is really an unlocked ipad. i may only get 3g but it is better than nothing.  is their anyway that i can test the network on the ipad before putting it on my parents verizon account?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's a great question. Your trying to get the most out of the device.  You can try a device swap on an existing line to see if that works. You may also see if a store will swp sim cards with a demo tablet. I hope that helps.

BobbyN_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dudefoxlive
Enthusiast - Level 2

ok their is a verizon store right down the road from my Grandma's House maybe they will let me try and test to see if i can activate it on one of the demo tablets sims.  my parents don't really like that store but maybe i can get my dad to let me try.  also i want to put my sim from my current iphone in but i need an adapter also i tried with an older sim and it said that their is a sim error.  an AT&T person said that the sim has to be a data only sim and that i can't use a sim from a device from a decive that has data, talk, and text.

0 Likes
Re: Unlocked Ipad 4th. Can it be used?
Weth
Legend

ATT iPad 4 will not work on Verizon.  iPad Air and air 2 can work with SIM swap, but not the iPad  version 4

0 Likes