When listening to an audio book on my phone or iPad does it take from my data plan?
ktvajen

When listening to an audio book on your phone or iPad, does it take from you data plan?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: When listening to an audio book on my phone or iPad does it take from my data plan?
Weth
Legend

Yes, it will download to the Kindle app and then playback locally demo the iPad, not needing more data when you listen.  You can always turn data off whe you are l to confirm you are not using your data. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: When listening to an audio book on my phone or iPad does it take from my data plan?
Weth
Legend

Depends.

If you downloaded it to your phone or iPad on wifi, then it is stored on the device and no additional data is needed.

If you are streaming the book, if you are not on wifi, then it is using your data.

It would help if you tell us what service you are using for your audiobook and whether you previously downloaded the book to your device while on wifi.

0 Likes
ktvajen

I purchased the audio book thru kindle. It's the first audio book I've purchased so wanted to be sure. For some reason we have been going thru data like wildfire, so i don't want another reason to go over. Thanks for your input.

0 Likes
ktvajen

And yes, I purchased it while on wifi.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Yes, it will download to the Kindle app and then playback locally demo the iPad, not needing more data when you listen.  You can always turn data off whe you are l to confirm you are not using your data. 

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

A good way to know for sure is to turn the device into Airplane Mode and turn Wi-Fi off. If you can play the audiobook then you are not using data. If you can't play the audiobook then you will use data when listening if not connected to a Wi-Fi.

I can't see that streaming and audiobook would be more data than streaming music which is roughly 50MB per hour or 2 hours every day for 30 days totaling 2GB.

0 Likes