Why Isn't Cellular Working On My iPad 4G?
SHANAE88

My Verizon cellular service is not working on my iPad 4G. Sometimes it says "No Service" other times it shows 1 bar 1x, or 2 bars LGE, or even 3 bars, but it never connects to the internet. This has been going on for a while now, well before I updated to 10 and now 10.2. I took it to a Verizon store and had a new sim card installed, but the sales lady couldn't get it to work either. She said it must be a hardware problem. I am so frustrated. I have tried resetting Network settings and also resetting Subscriber services. powered it off and back on, did a soft reset. Still not working. Whenever I go to Manage Verizon account it says, "The SIM Card inserted in this device is already active on a subscription that cannot be managed on this device. Please call customer care at 1-800-786-8419 if you have any questions." It has shown this message since day one when I purchased the ipad brand new from Verizon online, although the cellular did work at that time. Please help. I can't continue paying for Verizon services without being able to use it! My husband has an ipad mini with ios 10.1 on the same cellular account as my ipad 4 and his cellular is working fine. Please help me get this resolved. Thanks!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cellular Not Working on iPad 4G ios 10.2. Please Help!
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try resetting the Network Settings on the iPad.

Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Network Settings.

If after rebooting, this does not resolve the issue, see if you can find and reset the APN settings: View and edit your Access Point Name (APN) on your iPhone and iPad - Apple Support

If that doesn't work, visit your nearby Verizon Wireless store and try a new SIM Card.

If that doesn't work... the next steps would be to try a software factory reset on the iPad, and to check with Apple to see if they can figure out what is going on with it.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that this issue is properly resolved so you can enjoy your iPad. Is this iPad tied to a Postpay or Prepaid line of service? When did this issue with the device initially begin?

HarleyE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
SHANAE88

It is a post pay account. It started acting up about 3 or 4 months ago, at least, and within the past month the cellular won't connect at all. It may say No service or show up to 3 bars LTE but still won't connect.

Thanks for your help!

Shana

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try resetting the Network Settings on the iPad.

Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Network Settings.

If after rebooting, this does not resolve the issue, see if you can find and reset the APN settings: View and edit your Access Point Name (APN) on your iPhone and iPad - Apple Support

If that doesn't work, visit your nearby Verizon Wireless store and try a new SIM Card.

If that doesn't work... the next steps would be to try a software factory reset on the iPad, and to check with Apple to see if they can figure out what is going on with it.