Why won't Verizon Messages work on my iPad Air 2?
gjacobs130
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey everyone,

I can't get VZ Messages to work on my iPad Air 2.  I've installed it, but when I launch, it'll stay open for about 20 seconds and shut down.  I've uninstalled it, and reinstalled, to no avail.  Anyone out there with a similar issue that's found a resolution to this annoying problem?  It works great on my Windows Laptop and my Samsung S4 Phone, but not on my ipad...

Thoughts out there?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: VZ Messages is not working on my iPad Air 2
gjacobs130
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK Verizon, I figured this out.  I ended up deleting all my conversations associated with my phone number.  I suspect there was a message in my queue that was messing everything up, and now it seems to be working.  We'll see for how long...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Let's figure this out together gjacobs130. When you installed Verizon Messages, how did you sign into the app? In order to make it work with a tablet, you would have to register the app with your phone number. Not the one that is used for billing that you see on your bill, you will have to link it to your physical phone number. Then once that is done, you should be good to go. I hope that helps! Let us know if you need additional assistance.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
gjacobs130
Enthusiast - Level 2

I understand how to register with my phone number.  When I do that, the app loads some of my past messages, so I know it's connecting.  When I start up the application, it stays open for about 20 seconds, and completely closes out and goes back to my ipad home screen.  It just totally terminates.  I open it back up, and it starts, stays open for about 20 seconds, and terminates again.  BUT, if I go do other things after it terminates and someone sends me a text, I'll get a popup with the text message.  When I open the app and try to respond, it terminates unless I complete typing the message and hit send within the 20 seconds.

Help...

0 Likes
gjacobs130
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK Verizon, I figured this out.  I ended up deleting all my conversations associated with my phone number.  I suspect there was a message in my queue that was messing everything up, and now it seems to be working.  We'll see for how long...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
gjacobs130,
That is some great troubleshooting there! That feedback is golden! I'm glad to see that it is working properly. Keep us posted with your updates!
SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes