"Invalid SIM ID".
jg21
Enthusiast - Level 2

I keep getting that message when trying to enter my SIM ID to register on the LTE network. I am not entering the ID incorrectly. Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: "Invalid SIM ID".
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jg21, we don't want this to be an ongoing issue for you. Are you activating a Smartphone on your line? Have you completed that activation by entering the sim card and MEID number online at My Verizon? Click the link below for the steps on how to activate a Smartphone on your line below:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/nso/enterDeviceId.do?&&intcmp=SearchBanner:activation%20-%20table...

LasinaHH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jg21
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've gone through all the steps on the Verizon Wireless site. Every time I get to the "Enter SIM ID" box, it responds with the "Invalid" message. I'm trying to activate an iPad air2

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jg21, we don't want this to be an ongoing issue. The sim card number is a 20 digit card number. It can located on your device by tapping Setting>General>About. You may also retrieve that sim card number by removing the sim card from that device.

For more device support, click http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/

LVZWnaH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jg21
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've done all of that. Is this an auto-response?

Jim

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jg21, we appreciate your efforts thus far and keeping us posted. Is that a Verizon Wireless sim card that you have inserted in that device?

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes
jg21
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is not; it's the one that came in the iPad.

Thanks

Jim

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

If there is an issue with your SIM card, you can get a new one for free from a Verizon Wireless store. They can help get it activated as well.

noahs_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes