2019 Thanksgiving $400 Promos Not Being Honored (8 months and counting)
SierraHiker1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm frustrated beyond belief and extremely unhappy with Verizon Customer Service's inability to honor my 2019 Thanksgiving Thursday $400 trade in Promotion. It has been a painful 8 months since my iPhone 11 purchase with 6 phone calls of an hour each and I still have not gotten my issue resolved.  I checked the Community Board and sadly saw that I'm not the only one who had to go thru this painful ordeal.

I'm hoping that this write up will get to some attention.

1. Thursday 11/28/19 (Thanksgiving day) I placed the order for the iPhone 11 on for the $400 trade in promo. The representative assured me that the 5S trade in qualified for this rebate (see ads below). Unfortunately, there was a mistake in the order (2 phones with low memory capacity) and I called the following day to correct the problem. 
  2. Friday 11/29 /19 (Black Friday) a higher capacity iPhone 11 was placed by Verizon customer service to correct the error.
  3. December 2019 I sent the old phone in to Verizon as part of the $400 promo
  4. February 2020 I called to check on the promo and was told the packaged was received but could not be located.  No call back from Verizon.
  5. March 2020 I called and they informed me they found the phone and will process the paperwork. No call back from Verizon.
  6. April 2020 I called to ask why the promo has not applied to my bill. The representative said she will looked into this. She called back a few days later to tell me that they will credit me the rebate backtrack to December 2019.
  7. May 2020 I received the credit but instead of $400 for 24 months I received $200 instead. I called back and was told that my iPhone 5s only qualified me for the $200 rebate. I showed her the link to 11/28/19 Thanksgiving online ads.  She checked internal ad and confirmed that the $400 applied to the iPhone 5s. She said she submitted the paperwork and I should see the rebate in my June bill.
  8. July 14, 2020 my June bill arrived and I only received ~$8/month credit which is equivalent to the $200 credit. I called back and the customer service agent told me the 5s is not qualified for the $400.  It’s deja vu again!  I told her to check my May 2020 phone record because the other agent already said she submitted the paper work.  This agent told me she did not see any detail record of that call. I asked to talk to the Manager. She told me the Manager is busy at the moment will call me back the next day. t has been 2 days since and I have not heard back from the Manager. 

Here are the 2019 Thanksgiving Verizon Deals:

https://slickdeals.net/f/13628533-verizon-unlimited-plan-buy-iphone-11-w-trade-in-get-400-off-via-24...

Verizon Wireless is offering $400 Credited to Your Account over 24-months toward the purchase of an Apple iPhone 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max, XS or XS Maxwhen you Trade-In an Eligible Device on an eligible new or existing Verizon Unlimited plan (from $70/mo)
Eligible Trade-Ins:
  • iPhone 11
  • iPhone 11 Pro
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max
  • iPhone XS Max
  • iPhone XS
  • iPhone XR
  • iPhone X
  • iPhone 8
  • iPhone 8 Plus
  • iPhone 7
  • iPhone 7 Plus
  • iPhone 6s
  • iPhone 6s Plus
  • iPhone 6
  • iPhone 6 Plus
  • iPhone 5s
  • iPhone SE

https://www.cnet.com/news/verizons-thanksgiving-day-deal-offers-400-if-you-trade-in-and-upgrade-to-a...

Verizon's Thanksgiving Day deal offers $400 if you trade in and upgrade to a new iPhone

On Thanksgiving Day, the carrier is giving $400 off the purchase of a new iPhone when you upgrade and trade in an older phone. Phones eligible for the $400 discount start from 2013's iPhone 5S and Samsung Galaxy S4 and also includes the original Google Pixel (and includes any newer, later models of those phones plus others from LG, HTC, Motorola and RED) so Verizon appears to be casting a fairly wide net regarding who can upgrade, so long as you're subscribed to one of the carrier's unlimited plans. 

If I don't hear back from Verizon Customer Service Manager by tomorrow, I plan to elevate this all the way up the chain of command.  I have been a loyal customer with Verizon for over 10+ years and I really want to give Verizon a chance to correct this mistake.  Will let every one know if my issue will get resolved.  Until then, thank you for listening to my rant :-(.

Labels (1)
Re: 2019 Thanksgiving $400 Promos Not Being Honored (8 months and counting)
katiekatiekatie123
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi! Can you re-post the link for the 2019 Thanksgiving Day deals?

I have been dealing with the same issue for eight months now, too - so frustrating! Reps. are telling me I'm now ineligible because I paid for the iPhone 11 Pro Max at full retail price instead of a 24-month payment plan - the eligibility requirements included paying a full retail price OR a 24-month payment plan.

Re: 2019 Thanksgiving $400 Promos Not Being Honored (8 months and counting)
RNCommunity
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did you ever get this resolved. I looked int this as I got the same deal and have not gotten any credits for this.

0 Likes