Apple iPhone Upgrade Program
amanloomba
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm trying to use the Apple iPhone Upgrade program, which requires that I give them my Verizon number in order to upgrade my phone... but I just got a new phone number from Verizon, and it's not working on the Apple site... when I put in my phone number during the upgrade process on Apple, I see the message:

---

We’re having a problem completing your order.

There seems to be a problem with your Verizon account. If it continues, please visit an Apple Retail Store or contact Verizon at 1-888-866-6924. We're sorry for the inconvenience.

---

When I call the number, it asks me for a Verizon employee ID number... which I obviously don't have. 

How can I upgrade my phone using this new line? 

Labels (1)
Re: Apple iPhone Upgrade Program
mama23dogs
Legend

Call *611 to speak with Verizon support. Or use chat

0 Likes
rempson
Contributor - Level 1

Always use chat, then you have a transcript of what you were told.  

0 Likes
Josh43
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did you ever find any resolution to this problem?  Im in the same situation and getting absolutely nowhere between Verizon and Apple.    I can't even imagine the silliness that would ensue should I actually visit an Apple store to get it resolved.

Jpbelch
Enthusiast - Level 1

Anybody get this resolved?  I'm having the same problem. Chatting got me nowhere. 

0 Likes
tealeaves

Also having the same issue. Getting the runaround from both Verizon & Apple. Called in to Verizon multiple times & nobody has got a clue.

0 Likes
drich3
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just in case anyone else ever has this issue, I went into the apple store and spent 2 hours on hold (yes, 2 hours) with Verizon to figure out that Verizon puts a lock on your account for 60 days after you switch to them.  They're apparantly the only provider that still does this.  So you can't make any changes to your account or ENROLL IN THE IPHONE UPGRADE PROGRAM for 60 days after you switch to verizon.  Be nice if they mentioned this before hand or anything, I would have stayed with my previous provider for another month.

DrKT

@drich3 wrote:

Just in case anyone else ever has this issue, I went into the apple store and spent 2 hours on hold (yes, 2 hours) with Verizon to figure out that Verizon puts a lock on your account for 60 days after you switch to them.  They're apparantly the only provider that still does this.  So you can't make any changes to your account or ENROLL IN THE IPHONE UPGRADE PROGRAM for 60 days after you switch to verizon.  Be nice if they mentioned this before hand or anything, I would have stayed with my previous provider for another month.

having the same issue and did just switch to verizon about 30 days ago, but have been using the apple upgrade program for 3 years now.  so i guess i have to wait another 30 days to upgrade through my apple upgrade program, which terrible.  did anyone have luck after 60 days??

0 Likes