Black Friday Scam 2019
tashiba98
Enthusiast - Level 1

My husband and purchased iphone 11 Pro's online from Verizon on Black Friday 2019 and were advised over the phone that we would each get $400 back on monthly credits over 24 months.  Part of the promotion was trading in our iphone 7's, which we sent in.  Now we are told that the promotion only applied to new customers.  This is a scam!  We talked to a Verizon representative over the phone before purchasing the phone to ensure we qualified and he insisted we did.  We are on an unlimited plan, which I also understand is a condition of the promotion.  We are very disappointed and thinking of leaving Verizon!  Anyone else having issues getting the money back?  

Labels (1)
Re: Black Friday Scam 2019
tashiba98
Enthusiast - Level 1

6 different customer service representatives responded to me with private messages, asking the same questions repeatedly and this was never resolved.  It’s almost humorous to have to deal with 6 different people in the matter of a few minutes. Terrible customer service and we were completely misled and given false information with this promotion. 

wangbing

I paid in full for the device and now I'm told that I need to get on a payment plan to get the money.  They gave me wrong information last month and now the window to return the device has passed.  Definitely a SCAM.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

To qualify for the bill credits, you need to be on the payment agreement plan. It is more of customer misunderstanding the promotion than a scam. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Dianerlampe

We have had the exact same problem. We bought two brand new iphones, switched over our phone numbers and carrier and started new unlimited plans with Verizon.  Over the past months I've received update emails asking for information again. I've responded multiple times with receipts and various "proofs" that we fulfilled the requirements, and each time am told our submission will be updated.  Now, they've totally quit communicating with us.  We made this change because of the Black Friday offer, and now its too late the return the phones.  Do we have any options of what we can do to further address this injustice?

0 Likes
Beve5050
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’m still waiting for$400 promotion. And I’m a new customer. Totally ripped me off got iPhone 8 trade- in also. Promised $400 over phone. I got $0 so far!