Border charges near Canadian border
NBP2

We snowmobile in northern Maine, but never cross the border. Apparently, the Canadian cell towers pick up service.  Shouldn't (or does) Verizon have a policy so that US snowmobilers (or ATV's) are not charged? Is there nothing else to do but to call for reimbursement? And, are they required to reimburse or cancel those charges?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Border charges near Canadian border
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is a great question, and we will need to take a deeper look on your situation. Please send us a Private Note, so we may be able to assist.

*Gert

0 Likes
Re: Border charges near Canadian border
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@NBP2 wrote:

We snowmobile in northern Maine, but never cross the border. Apparently, the Canadian cell towers pick up service.  Shouldn't (or does) Verizon have a policy so that US snowmobilers (or ATV's) are not charged? Is there nothing else to do but to call for reimbursement? And, are they required to reimburse or cancel those charges?

Here in northern Vermont, I had a similar issue prior to changing my plan to include Canada and Mexico.  I also tried the TravelPass option for when I was near the border and wanted to make/receive calls/text.   If I didn't want charges, when I got the text message warning me I was near the border and receiving Canadian service, I would put the phone in Airplane mode and make sure cell data was OFF. That's what you have to do if you don't have a plan that includes Roaming in Canada.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes