Can’t cancel an unused data account while billing continues to mount.
Stbird_57

I’ve been going round and round on the phone, being shuffled from one department to the next then right back to the department I originally started in,  each with a 10 to 20 minute wait on hold time.  I’m only trying to cancel a data line I haven’t used since I thought it was closed in September of 2020 with the rest of my account when I switched service providers.   I have not received an eBill or notification of any sort indicating that my iPad data line was still being billed even though I no longer physically posses either the iPad or the SIM card they’re billing me for.  Customer service is absolutely nonexistent with Verizon.  They offer to let you speak with a real person for a fee of $7 but as it turns out the paid reps are just as clueless and incapable as the free ones and you just foolishly agreed to throw $7 more dollars down the Verizon “rip off” toilet.   I got so frustrated I decided to drive the 30 miles to visit the nearest Verizon store.   After waiting my turn I was told my issue could only be handled at the corporate store on the other side of town, 10 more miles away.   When I got there they told me it could only be done by phone.  why?  I only want to close an inactive account and close out the bills I thought I was done with.  From what I’ve read about others having this same experience I’m thinking a class action lawsuit may be our only way to deal with this rip off scam Verizon is running.   A “cancel account” button is not that hard to add to the Verizon Website.  I can’t take another day off work to deal with issue.  I will not pay the outstanding bill for a line that I don’t even use if Verizon can’t or won’t provide a way to close it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes