Can't get service at home. iPhone 11
jdenebeim

I recently switched to Verizon from ATT and upgraded my iPhone. Now I have very spotty service at home.  My phone will ring but when I answer it, the call drops.  Other times I call and the other person can't hear me. I never had this problem with ATT.  Help.  Zip code 94022

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't get service at home. iPhone 11
mama23dogs
Legend

@jdenebeim wrote:

I recently switched to Verizon from ATT and upgraded my iPhone. Now I have very spotty service at home.  My phone will ring but when I answer it, the call drops.  Other times I call and the other person can't hear me. I never had this problem with ATT.  Help.  Zip code 94022

You have two choices, one is return the phone and go back to AT&T if it worked better for you, the second is to turn on Wi-Fi calling so that your phone may use home Wi-Fi in order to make and receive calls.   Of course if you do not have home Wi-Fi the answer is limited to the first

0 Likes
jdenebeim

That doesn't seem like an acceptable solution.  Verizon shows it has great coverage in my area but the only solution to not getting service is to switch carriers or use wifi?  Does Verizon provide boosters?  I know from my neighbors that ATT provides free boosters to those who are not getting enough bars.  I live in Silicon Valley so it's not like I'm in the boonies!

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

@jdenebeim wrote:

That doesn't seem like an acceptable solution.  Verizon shows it has great coverage in my area but the only solution to not getting service is to switch carriers or use wifi?

NOT “ Wi-Fi”, Wi-Fi calling. You can enable it on your device at home. It will also work everywhere else that you can connect to Wi-Fi and make free calls, including when you are out of the Verizon coverage area.

Does Verizon provide boosters?  I know from my neighbors that ATT provides free boosters   
AT&T has never provided a booster. AT&T used to sell a microcell, but it has been discontinued for two years, and they are no longer available except on the used market. The microcell was a 3G device and when 3G shuts down it will not work.

to those who are not getting enough bars.  I live in Silicon Valley so it's not like I'm in the boonies!

Verizon sells a 4G microcell, which uses your home Wi-Fi to create a signal. I would expect these devices to disappear as they are not needed.

Turn on Wifi calling Turn on Wifi calling on iphone 

0 Likes