Complete Verizon Incompetency or Scam!
davekmn
Enthusiast - Level 2

On 9-11-2020, I saw a promotion for $350 trade-in value when purchasing an Apple IPhone 11. I tried to order it online but because the system couldn't verify my address, I had to call in the order.  The Verizon Wireless representative that I spoke with confirmed the $350 promotion and would be trading in my IPhone 8 with 512GB.  I ordered a new Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max 512GB in Space Gray, along with several accessories..  The representative did not issue me a submission number for the trade-in.  I also did not receive return packaging for the trade-in.  I called and spoke to a Verizon Representative that I explained about the promotion and the absence of trade-in return packaging.  She told me that it was just a mistake and she would send me a return label for the trade-in.  Still I was never issued a submission number for the trade-in.  I have called numerous times, speaking with several representatives;

1. First telling me to wait two billing cycles
  2. The second assuring me that it was taken care of 
  3. The third telling me they have no record of the trade in
  4. The fourth telling me I needed to sign up for the unlimited plan which was never mentioned to me and the promotion was online orders only (excuses).  I was also told that my trade-in was not worth any money.  A quick search on the Verizon website showed that the trade-in Value for an IPhone 8 with 512GB is $115.  If I was going to not get the promotion or any credit for my trade-in, I would have never purchased a new phone since my IPhone 8 was fine.  I asked to speak to a supervisor and they told me that the supervisor would only deny the claim and that she would process the necessary paperwork.  She also signed me up for the unlimited plan which was a six dollar decrease in my bill. 

As of 2-12-2021, I have heard nothing from Verizon Wireless.  I have received no credit for my trade-in.  I personally believe that because of COV-19 and Verizon admitting that they hired a bunch of new employees who work from home, they were not properly trained and making numerous mistakes without accountability, where I am punished for the incompetency. 

As of 3-9-2021, I have heard nothing from Verizon, no update or even a callback from a supervisor, which I requested.

Labels (1)
Re: Complete Verizon Incompetency or Scam!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Making sure we keep our promises is key to our success, davekmn. Since we will need to look at certain details in the account, we have sent a Private Note to continue this conversation.

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes
Lft4747
Enthusiast - Level 2

Having the exact same issue and finding lots of other posts that say the same. 100% complete scam. Looking into ways to file more formal complaint. 

0 Likes
davekmn
Enthusiast - Level 2

And yet, I have seen zero results.   Verizon is losing my business.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We never want to see you go, davekmn. Please continue with us in a Private Note and we can review your promotion. I am sure we can find out what is going on. 
JavierD_VZW

0 Likes